• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod for ruger 10/22 takedown in magpul stock

LeftyJason

Thumbnail-les
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2017
    Kaysville Utah
    So I have a ruger 1022 takedown in the magpul backpacker stock.
    Screenshot_20201009-214500_Gallery.jpg

The gun comes apart and the foreend locks into the stock.
    20201009_135245.jpg

I want to be able to mount a bipod for bench shooting. Yes this is a fun gun.

I want to be able to retain the locking into the stock which means no bottom mount for a bipod. Don't see how I could mount a bipod over the top.

Best I've been able to come up with is maybe the utg recon flex side mount type. Doesn't have cant but it is for fun gun shooting off of a bench.
    20201009_215254.jpg

Anybody have any other ideas?

Honestly, I’d look at a game changer bag, fortune cookie, war horse, or other utility range support bag for shooting that gun from a bench.

Reactions: Habu34
    I think you’re already on the best/only solution if you have to have a bipod. I’ve got the version that has its own little backpack. Mine is a fucking sybarite. It shoots like shit unless you feed it $20/box ammo. Worst groups of any .22 I own with cheap ammo, and only passable with the most expensive Eley and Lapua ammo. I’ve had some especially tight groups with Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS. You can simply forget any kind of precision with any ammo you can buy at Walmart.

I was looking into it today when I was cleaning my 9mms earlier.
    Screenshot_20201010-232630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-232636_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-232649_Gallery.jpg

Think there's enough room for a steel backer. Was trying to see if anybody knew of any other bipods that mount on the sides. Maybe pic mount? Or other brands?

Yup, I think that bipod is pretty much your only option. That said, I would buy an extra forend for your experiment, that way you have the ability to swap out from the slick original and the bipod mount.

Not that the TD's are tack drivers, but I can also see accuracy issues if you mount optics on the receiver. Not only is the X-22 forend not free floating, loading the bipod would have some effect on the barrel/receiver joint.

I love the X-22 backpackers. It may not be my fastest, lightest or most accurate .22, but it it probably the most convenient and the easiest to teach new shooters.
    Trio.jpg