• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod for Savage 110BA .338

gsxcorey

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2011
Looking for a good sturdy bipod for the gun. The last one I got from our local store for my AR gets loose easily and honestly isn't nearly as stable as some of the others I have seen at our long range here. Any suggestions for a damn good bipod for this new rifle I am going to be picking up?

Re: Bipod for Savage 110BA .338

I'd be looking for something very heavy duty, those guns aren't light by any means lol The usual Harris bipod I'm sure would withstand the abuse but I am a very big fan of the atlas bipod, built like a tank and a very capable bipod.

The atlas's is what i've been looking at from milehighshooting. Just not sure what model.

The savage doesn't come with the proper mounting hardware for the atlas?

How about one of these?

p_749013031_1.jpg

I use Harris bipods on all my guns. I was going to purchase an Atlas for my 110 BA .338LM but the price and availability at the time prompted me to buy another Harris.

Unfortunately, I ordered a lightweight without knowing it. When I got it and looked at the skinny legs, I was sure it would not work well on the .338 and thought I would later swap it with a heftier bipod from another gun. But I mounted it anyway and shot it. That was about a year ago.

The little lightweight Harris is actually working quite well on the heavy 110 and I have not had any inclination to change it. It works fine.

If I were to purchase a Harris, I would recommend one of the heavier models. But have not had any problems with the one I mounted. Harris makes great bipods, especially for the price range. I have never owned an Atlas but would not hesitate to buy one if one would have been readily available at the time of my purchase.

I personally use the Harris S-BRM. Leg notch swivel version. You cannot go wrong with that or the Atlas. The atlas is superior, but ofcourse the price difference is hard for me to swallow seeing as i will not be "in the field"

I use an Atlas bipod. They have heavy duty construction and allow you to move the bipod legs individually which is a huge benefit

I'm using the Harris bipod with claw feet... I have an Atlas bipod also but there is no way to mount the bipod. A picatinny rail needs to be installed to get the atlas bipod mounted. Harris bipod will withstand the abuse, but you can always buy the expensive Atlas, GG&G, LAR Grizzly, Versapod and the like...

i have a 110ba in 300wm and i run the atlas BT10. had a few of the cheaper setups when i got started and hated them. the atlas is well worth the price.

I'd suggest taking a hard look at the LRA bipods that EuroOptic sells.

I've been shooting them since early 2011 and they have been phenomenal, I won't go back to an Atlas on a bolt rifle. In my experience the Atlas is much better suited to a DMR gun like a 20" AR15 platform, they lack when it comes to a 15lb precision rifle, especially something as big as a 338LM.

I am running an Atlas on my 10/110 FCP HS Precision 338 LM. I bought the BT15 rail from Atlas to mount to my gun and it works great. I like the lever mount it's easy to swap between my guns.

If youre up in scottsdale, just hit scottsdale gun club, they stock the Harris BRMS. I ran one on my 110BA and it was fine.

does anyone know the right parts to mount an atlas bipod to a savage 110 ba

[MENTION=22992]jonaddis84[/MENTION] could probably help you. I think he had to drill some extra holes but I know he did it.

You need the Accushot AFAR kit...actually you only need the rail out of the kit, but as far as I know thats the only way to get that small rail. Then you just have to drill/tap two holes for it, it fits in the small space in the front of the stock.