• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod for Tikka t3x lite

ClintQuint

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2020
LAX
Hi- I’m new to pretty much everything but learning as much as I can from the forums here. I have a Tikka t3x lite that I wanted to put a bipod on for mostly long range shooting prone and bench, some prs matches and also occasional hunts.
Is there one brand that is the happy medium between all of the above? I keep hearing Atlas, Harris and others. Also are you guys with Tikka t3x lite having to drill to put in a picatiny mount on the bottom sling attachment ? If not how are you mounting bipod ? Thanks

Attachments

• 4978518C-2D7D-414C-ACB2-ED6044E301D6.jpeg
    4978518C-2D7D-414C-ACB2-ED6044E301D6.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 1140FBF0-7694-4CA8-A3DF-3235EB958F45.jpeg
    1140FBF0-7694-4CA8-A3DF-3235EB958F45.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 2,414
Probably best to decide on the budget first. But as you've heard, harris and atlas are solid options. I also have an Accutac bipod that is super sturdy and I like. Is weight a factor in this decision?

Reactions: ClintQuint
Probably best to decide on the budget first. But as you've heard, harris and atlas are solid options. I also have an Accutac bipod that is super sturdy and I like. Is weight a factor in this decision?

I don’t think weight is a huge factor and also regarding budget just want to get something solid, well made so don’t mind spending some decent $ on the right bipod

I don’t think weight is a huge factor and also regarding budget just want to get something solid, well made so don’t mind spending some decent $ on the right bipod

The options start at $100-200 then dramatically go $300 to $600.

If you have a single sling stud on the forend you can attach a Harris. If you have two, you can attach a rail and an Atlas. I have them both and they both do what they’re supposed to.

I use two Harris bipods for coyote/varmint shooting. They are of two different adjustable lengths. One is used when I am in the prone position the other is when I am sitting. I even use a shooting stick in some situations. So, it depends how you set up. I would have to check on the model #s.

I used the Caldwell sling stud to picatinny adapter. Mounted my atlas cal that has the rrs sclr clamp with the b&t clamp adapter. Another good option is the btc pro clamp or area 419's version. These 3 clamp types are good for future use as well cause they work for picatinny and arca.
20200929140948_IMG_1169.JPG

20201010_163858.jpg