• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod & Foregrip on AR15

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Just purchased a Noveske Afghan. I would like to be able to shoot it prone with a bipod. I would also like to add some sort of a vertical or angled foregrip as well. Any slick ways of doing this?

Just put a small bipod rail ahead of the grip?

While I'm at it, what is a nice foregrip?

Thanks!

Congrats on your N4 Noveske Afghan. My favorite AR15. I like the Magpul RVG foregrip. Think it's not to long imo like the taller stick like fore grips. I've used Magpul AFG Angled fore grip but sold it off. As for the bipod I'd recommend a Harris Swivel model so you can swivel in case your on an uneven surface. I use the 6"-9" model.

I am liking the FAB Defense Spike bipod. It has tilt and pan features and is similar to the Magpul but with more positioning options. They also offer an mloc version. I have two of the mlocs that I put on my PA10s. I just ordered the pic rail style for a .22 rifle when Dvor had it on sale for $90.

Just looked and it is still on sale,

Reactions: JS8588
I am liking the FAB Defense Spike bipod. It has tilt and pan features and is similar to the Magpul but with more positioning options. They also offer an mloc version. I have two of the mlocs that I put on my PA10s. I just ordered the pic rail style for a .22 rifle when Dvor had it on sale for $90.

Just looked and it is still on sale,

I have one of these as well & really like it. I had no idea they made an M-Lok version until reading your post. That's going to cost me some $$ 🤭

Reactions: Steve_In_29
I have one of these as well & really like it. I had no idea they made an M-Lok version until reading your post. That's going to cost me some $$ 🤭
Yeah I ordered the mloc versions from Israel and they were $115ish each on sale delivered.

The mloc version also sits closer to the rifle.

I need another mloc but might settle for the pic rail version while it is on sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS8588
Just purchased a Noveske Afghan. I would like to be able to shoot it prone with a bipod. I would also like to add some sort of a vertical or angled foregrip as well. Any slick ways of doing this?

Just put a small bipod rail ahead of the grip?

While I'm at it, what is a nice foregrip?

Thanks!
....consider the primary purpose/role for the rifle and which position(s) you will be utilizing the most and plan accordingly.

...AFG's -vs- Magpul's hand stop kits, I'd suggest the handstop's, less weight, less rail real estate, better control over the weapon, less obtrusive, more flexible positioning on rail to allow bipod locating/positioning and provide the same function in reality.

...Vertical grip; might want to look at the v-grips that also incorporate a bipod function.

...suggest a QD mount for your bipod for quick attachment or removal, a bipod does add weight to the rifle that becomes noticeable in pretty quick time...

....consider the primary purpose/role for the rifle and which position(s) you will be utilizing the most and plan accordingly.

...AFG's -vs- Magpul's hand stop kits, I'd suggest the handstop's, less weight, less rail real estate, better control over the weapon, less obtrusive, more flexible positioning on rail to allow bipod locating/positioning and provide the same function in reality.

...Vertical grip; might want to look at the v-grips that also incorporate a bipod function.

...suggest a QD mount for your bipod for quick attachment or removal, a bipod does add weight to the rifle that becomes noticeable in pretty quick time...
I just looked up the OP's rifle. 14.5" barrelled pistol. I would advise against a bipod and second your suggestion of a bipod equipped V-foregrip.