• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bipod hunt

Joseph Floerke

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
My 338lm will be ready in a few months and I am also currently shooting out to 1300 with my. 308 I shoot prone. I am using a Harris right now but they just aren't that stable iv looked at many friends class bipod and also the Atlas. So what's the deal with the Atlas I would think the ball adjustment would be very unstable. If yall can give me any pointers on great bipod or were to look it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I shoot with a Harris because its the Glock of bipods. I've heard that the Atlas' don't like getting dirt and grime in them. But I've personally never had experience with one. Anyone else?

Okay thanx what I did is got a class f Sinclair yesterday and am changing it to a pic a tiny and my Harris that I use on my bog gun to pic and both my. 308 and 338 lapua to pic so I can just swap them around really fast I don't like walking around with a bipod on my gun but if I need it I can slap it on really fast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I purchased a LRA Tactical bipod from EuroOptic as they have them in stock. I have it mounted on a Surgeon .338 Lapua PSR. It is the bomb! Called Dave K owner of Long Range Accuracy and requested a quick release lever for it. Dave is a true professional and got one right out to me at Pro Discount (n/c). I have never used a better bipod, cant say enough good about this piece of equipment, cost be damned. Life is short, don't shoot junk.

Last edited:
Atlas's are rock solid once you load them a little. Doesn't take much, just enough to take up the slack in the legs and the pivot. The feet on an Atlas stick to damn near everything from grass to packed dirt to concrete. I've never had any issues with mine getting dirty, and I've let it get pretty nasty.

In what way are you finding the Harris unstable?

I saw a Bobro at Perry 2 years ago, it is a rock. It's on a McMillan stock attached by a Seekins pic rail. There is not much movement to load, infact I most of the time do not load it. I called them about buying one and the production run had sold out, then I called 3 or 4 weeks later and they had not run anymore but he found some parts so he put one together for me. I love it and will get another this summer. He builds quality plus products,