• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Bipod Mount Preference

CharlieNC

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
I've been working on a bipod design for over a year, aimed at providing fine-tuning adjustment capability at a more affordable price than currently available. Main question now is determining the most preferred mounting block to the rifle.

I currently use Anschutz t-rail slot, and can do that or Picatinny rail attachment. What is your preference (and any strong reason why)?

Thanks....Charlie

Tee slot usually gives more flexibility in location... but with a very few exceptions (e.g. Flex 'pod) it probably rarely gets used much, if at all, once the desired spot is set. Picatinny is easier to attach/remove... and I've never had a bipod mounted via picatinny rail slide off the gun - unless it was mounted to a tee-slot via a rail adapter.

I've used a freeland rail, sling swivel, and pic rail. They all work as long as the connection to the bipod is solid and doesn't wobble. For F-TR rifles the slot looks cleaner.

Sinclair has what you need for about 40.00 shipped... I just picked up one for my Mod. 70 XTC rifle that I'm going to try F-class with....