• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod & mounting advice for POF P308 with M-Rail

Mincer

JAFO
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hello All,
I have a new POF P308 with a 20" match barrel coming in the mail (I'm so excited!) and I wanted to get a bipod for her ASAP... I'm currently looking at Atlas or GG&G.

Any POF users with the M-Rail out there have any bipod or mounting advice?
Specifically, I wanted to know if I absolutely had to attach a short rail section at the bottom of my handguard or if there was an alternate way of mounting the bipod directly. I'm expecting the 20" barrel on a piston gun to be pretty nose heavy to begin with, so I'd like to do what I can to reduce weight up front. I don't need to have a QD mount.

Thanks!

"Hey Mincer, congrats on the new 308..."

Nothing, huh?
Since nobody's interested and I'm too excited about the new rifle to wait I'm just gonna wing it. I ordered an Atlas BT10-NC and a LaRue Mount last night. I was out of 'Dillo Dust anyway.

Hello All,
I have a new POF P308 with a 20" match barrel coming in the mail (I'm so excited!) and I wanted to get a bipod for her ASAP... I'm currently looking at Atlas or GG&G.

Any POF users with the M-Rail out there have any bipod or mounting advice?
Specifically, I wanted to know if I absolutely had to attach a short rail section at the bottom of my handguard or if there was an alternate way of mounting the bipod directly. I'm expecting the 20" barrel on a piston gun to be pretty nose heavy to begin with, so I'd like to do what I can to reduce weight up front. I don't need to have a QD mount.

Thanks!

Sorry dude, didn't see this in time. The Atlas is a very good choice. The Harris works as well mounted to a sling stud that can screw in to the bottom of the handguard saving you some weight. But it's negligible. BTW, that front heavy design is very good for managing muzzle rise. I'd even think about selling your 11" rail and buying the new 14.5" M-Rail so you can mount the bipod further out. Much better movement and support structure in prone!