• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod mounting advice

Biscuits

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2020
Currently using a Harris bipod attached to a sling swivel stud. Have started doing ELR and the bipod is holding me back.

I am planning on getting a different bipod, probably an Atlas, but getting confused about the best way to mount it.

eg do I want a Picatinny rail, or do I want an Arca rail?

Will need a common mounting system to 3 x rifles

- Tikka TAC A1, with a M-Lok fore-end.

- Bergara Wilderness HMR with a conventional synthetic stock and sling swivel studs. I don't mind drilling it if required. https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/wilderness-series/wilderness-hmr/

- Rem 700 in a KRG Bravo chassis. I think this has M-Lok on the foreend.

The answer will overwhelming be ARCA with an mloc adapter. Depends on what you are using the Bergara for , pick the most appropriate mount. If it's for hunting you could keep the Harris and put it on the Bergara

I guess it depends on your budget..

If you want to splash and get ARCA rails fitted to all 3 then that's your answer..

I guess the cheapest way would be small picatinny rails for each.

I'd have a look at the Tier One ATAC or ELR. I just bought an ATAC and I am very impressed with it. I have an Atlas PSR at the moment and the Tier One is more versatile for sure.

I'll be doing a video review on the ATAC soon.

What you save between Arca and a couple of small rails will pay for modularity as well as weight savings if so desired. This clamp works great on both.

Reactions: BurtG
baling twine and duct tape maybe glue if you wanna be all fancy like

What you save between Arca and a couple of small rails will pay for modularity as well as weight savings if so desired. This clamp works great on both.
This.

Arca is nice for riding a bag and tripod use though.

I realize anvil 30 can use pic. But it’s nicer with arca

I use picatinny for my Accutac, TBAC and Atlas CAL. I use arca for my tripods.

Some have had issues with bipods slipping on Arca rails so get whatever system prevents that from occurring while moving rifle or under recoil

This or the BTC is the way. Clamps to picatinny or arca.

Get a rrs adapter like above. RRS ones can be used for arca and picatinny rails. (they make a few different ones some more cost effective than others )
On my bergara I put on of these rails. You use the two stud holes in the stock to mount it. This gives you a way to keep your sling and utilize the RRS adapter without drilling new holes. Seekins also makes one.
Unless you want a new bipod, RRS makes a Harris arca adapter that is a huge upgrade for that bipod.