• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod Mounts: Picatinny vs UIT (Anschutz) rail

dpilot83

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2010
I've spent a fair amount of time on this forum the last few days absorbing as much as I can. I'm trying to take the rifle I already have (Remington 700 in .25-06 with factory wood stock and a cheap High Country (Tasco?) 3.5-10x scope and turn it in to something I can use to learn about shooting long range.

I think I've got the scope side of things figured out in this thread. From the training section of this site, it's clear to me I need a bipod unless I want to carry sandbags around whenever I'm trying to train. My rifle only has one stud for a sling at the front.

I would like to be able to quickly lighten this rifle and smooth it up if I so desire so I would like to be able to quickly remove the bipod. I would also like to be able to use a ching sling depending on what type of shooting I'm pursuing. Therefore, being able to switch things around without much effort is desirable.

To me, the Anschutz type rail makes sense for that. However, I'm having problems finding anything to buy that I can install. Where do you find these things? I realize the installation will be more difficult but I'm willing to do what it takes (whether that means purchasing tools or hiring it done) to get it done.

I've seen some Anschutz style rails for sale but generally they look pretty cheesy compared to the pictures I've seen on SH. For example, this vs the picture below borrowed from a post that Aries64 made (hope he doesn't mind).

X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRail18x6.jpg

Where can I get that quality of Anschutz rail? I really think that's what I'd like to do, but maybe I'd be better off with something like a Seeking Precision Picatinny rail and just be done with it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Bipod Mounts: Picatinny vs UIT (Anschutz) rail

Try calling Mike at Tac Ops and ask if he'll sell you one.