• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod NRL22

MCGILLA

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2020
I have now shot my first NRL 22 match, I have been using an older Harris bipod sling stud mounted on my CZ457 AT ONE. It has the “pan” feature and I hate it, I am curious about the Atlas Cal specifically but am curious would I need an ARCA mount say from Area 419, or do they make an Atlas that mounts to the stud? Not sure what I need here, and am newer to the game.

Thanks
Steve

Reactions: captbeaker
You can buy an Atlas Cal NC (no clamp) and then get the RRS BTC-Pro clamp. This will allow you to clamp on to Arca or Picatinny. You can then get the sling stud pic rail mount as a stopgap until you install an arca rail.
This seems like the definite answer, see I had no idea that extra hardware existed form RRS.

I have now shot my first NRL 22 match, I have been using an older Harris bipod sling stud mounted on my CZ457 AT ONE. It has the “pan” feature and I hate it, I am curious about the Atlas Cal specifically but am curious would I need an ARCA mount say from Area 419, or do they make an Atlas that mounts to the stud? Not sure what I need here, and am newer to the game.

Thanks
Steve
Harris doesn't make a bipod with built in panning, just cant or "tilt". That feature is with an adapter that has a lock for it.

What you likely need is a locking lever:
or

Something like - https://amzn.to/3JF8Yx7 for a stud to pic rail converter.

The RRS btc-pro and arms-lr are pretty expensive, but they're components i have transferred along with me for many usages. My new magnetospeed mount allows for me to use a btc-pro, and also different bipods (thunderbeast, atlas) also use the same mounts.

BTC-Pro is $80 but sold out.

Is the best place to get RRS stuff w/ no tax and free shipping.

Additionally you can try to find them used but they go quick.

Reactions: MCGILLA
After you figure out what ARCA rail you're going to use, take a look at the Gray Ops QD clamp. With it adjusted correctly, you can go from mounted securely to dropping the bipod with a quick flick of the lever.

After you figure out what ARCA rail you're going to use, take a look at the Gray Ops QD clamp. With it adjusted correctly, you can go from mounted securely to dropping the bipod with a quick flick of the lever.
Thanks man that is fantastic I literally just made a buy list for my 40th birthday based on everyone’s input.

Reactions: Cowpokey
As mentioned above the Harris don't pan so if it's the swivel feature then I can see your problem if you don't have a pod loc. Without one you really can't tighten it enough to take the swivel out. You can also get an ARCA attachment for the Harris so you don't need to buy a new bipod. Get an ARCA rail and you are all set. Pod Loc, Bipod clamp kit and 14" Universal rail and done.

IMG_1035(12).jpg

As mentioned above the Harris don't pan so if it's the swivel feature then I can see your problem if you don't have a pod loc. Without one you really can't tighten it enough to take the swivel out. You can also get an ARCA attachment for the Harris so you don't need to buy a new bipod. Get an ARCA rail and you are all set. Pod Loc, Bipod clamp kit and 14" Universal rail and done.

View attachment 7835480
That’s exactly what I needed I really appreciate that. Saves me a buck also.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Another good option (assuming that your going to upgrade from the sling swivel) is our new MDT GRND-Pod: Check it out!

Quick feature list:
  • 4.5” - 9” as measured by the pivot point
  • cant w/ tool less tension lever, but no pan
  • RRS Dovetail/ARCA compatible as well as picatinny (ARMS-17 in the works too if you want to run a RRS SC-LR or ARC clamp)
  • 4 leg positions (0, forward canted, vertical, 180 (stowed))
  • Rapid deployment and easy to adjust when you're behind the gun!
I am biased, but I think that this would be another great option for you!

- Josh

Another good option (assuming that your going to upgrade from the sling swivel) is our new MDT GRND-Pod: Check it out!

Quick feature list:
  • RRS Dovetail/ARCA compatible as well as picatinny (ARMS-17 in the works too if you want to run a RRS SC-LR or ARC clamp)

- Josh

Spike feet available? My PSR was bouncing on a rooftop stage this past weekend.

Quick feature list:

- Josh

Josh that’s a good looking set up. For $200 with arca it’s prices right too. Might have to try one of those soon.

Quick feature list:

- Josh
Damnit Josh !!!
That's $ 200 that I don't need to spend right now to put a bipod on Back Order...

Quick feature list:

- Josh
This does look like an awesome setup for the money!

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_Josh. Any possibility of a 9”-13” or something there abouts?
Not yet, but definitely something we've talked about! If there is demand, we'll make it :)
Still waiting and praying for you guys to make a set of double pull rubber feet.
Again, something that has come up a couple times and something we're looking at! Wouldn't be all that hard to do, but it'd take a minute.

- Josh

Put me down as interested. A 9-13 with those features checks a lot of boxes for me. Especially for the price.

I’m kind of in the same boat, looking to upgrade my Harris to something better that I can use with my centerfire and rimfire rifles.

A few years back I swapped the Harris swivel stud mount for the RRS Arca/pic clamp to be able to quickly remove The bipod during a stage when bipod wasn’t needed.

One of the first things I added to my rimfire rifle was the 14” Arcalock rail from Area 419. I also put a Arcalock rail on my centerfire, so both guns can share the same bipod.

If money is an issue, I’d rather stick with the cheaper Harris and put the money saved towards equipping my rifles with Arcalock rails because of the added versatility the rail brings to the different positions we shoot in (e.g. slide the bipod closer to the magwell for shooting off the top of a barrel) and the ability to attach a bag w/ Arca clamp to the rail for barricade shooting.

That said, the 3 bipods on my list are the Atlas CAL, Accu-Tac BR-4, or Grnd-pod (all with an Arca clamp). Problem right now is the Accu-Tac and Grnd-Pods are backordered.

Totally agreed on the ARCA setup that’s where I’m headed, I did message Josh at MDT and he was more then helpful. I signed up for a class and I’m not sure when the MDTs will be available so I want to make sure that If I do order it will get here in time. I’ll probably hold off and wait for the MDT though.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I’m kind of in the same boat, looking to upgrade my Harris to something better that I can use with my centerfire and rimfire rifles.

A few years back I swapped the Harris swivel stud mount for the RRS Arca/pic clamp to be able to quickly remove The bipod during a stage when bipod wasn’t needed.

One of the first things I added to my rimfire rifle was the 14” Arcalock rail from Area 419. I also put a Arcalock rail on my centerfire, so both guns can share the same bipod.

If money is an issue, I’d rather stick with the cheaper Harris and put the money saved towards equipping my rifles with Arcalock rails because of the added versatility the rail brings to the different positions we shoot in (e.g. slide the bipod closer to the magwell for shooting off the top of a barrel) and the ability to attach a bag w/ Arca clamp to the rail for barricade shooting.

That said, the 3 bipods on my list are the Atlas CAL, Accu-Tac BR-4, or Grnd-pod (all with an Arca clamp). Problem right now is the Accu-Tac and Grnd-Pods are backordered.
As a note, we are running FLAT OUT on the GRND-Pods right now to get things back in stock as the initial order was WAY higher than we planned for, so thanks for the overwhelming response guys!
Totally agreed on the ARCA setup that’s where I’m headed, I did message Josh at MDT and he was more then helpful. I signed up for a class and I’m not sure when the MDTs will be available so I want to make sure that If I do order it will get here in time. I’ll probably hold off and wait for the MDT though.
Thanks buddy and I do what I can! If I could jump in and help production go any quicker, I would but then we'd have less designed cool parts :(

- Josh

Reactions: MCGILLA and ECK