• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod Opinions

cobbonthecorn

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2012
I currently have an AR-15 but will one day also have a long range gun. I hate buying twice so I need some first hand experience of others. What bipod? Harris, Atlas, etc. I'm not looking for an F-class set-up at this time.

On a related note I see Sinclair has a new tactical bipod that looks interesting. Anyone have experience with it? (Looks middle of the road on price and I can buy additional mounts so it can be moved between guns easily.) Thanks in advance!

Re: Bipod Opinions

TKS for the links. Read those and others before posting. Let me focus a little more. Harris will get me by. Atlas seems like it has good reviews and is near a price point I could live with. But, I'm struggling with the difference between it and the Sinclair tactical bipod. Looks like the same basic design but what about execution? Anyone compare the two?

I have both atlas and the harris, and I like them both for different purposes.I like the atlas more when I shoot from barricades and different positional shoots cause of the different angles and I just like the way it feels when I load up the bipod. The harris is a little stiffer and is perfect for shooting from a bench or just prone shooting as it seems more stable if your shooting groups. Either one, you won't be dissapointed, the key thing is to try them out for yourself and if it doens't work for you I'm sure the wonderful members of the Hide would be more than happy to buy them from you.

Scott

I have always used the Harris 6-9" bipod with notched legs from LaRue Tactical with their attached low profile QD mount. Can swap between my ARs and my heavy Barrett MRAD. Very solid stable mount. Would be good on almost any platform. I feel the Atlas is overkill in most circumstances.