• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear Bipod - permanently attach or quick release?

LostInTranslation

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2020
For prs or other precision shooting (not hunting, etc) - do people prefer to permanently mount bipod vs having few with quick release? I have few rifles and still trying to figure out what I like under different scenarios so having various types to move around is advantageous.

Thoughts?

If you dont plan on switching it around alot then its just less weight, less moving parts and a little shorter.
I have several different types of bipods but i switch and swap my Atlas PSR to numerous rifles frequently and so far have only found one of the m-loc rails i have to be dimensionally different enough to require adjusting the clamp.
I pulled it off and just set it aside as a backup.

ADM has a revised lever on their adapters that I am a big fan of. I don’t know when the change happened. So maybe that’s old news. I prefer pic to arca personally but I’m very low speed.

that's up to you I enjoy mine with the ability to be removed or replaced simply either attached to a pic rail or arca rail, but have seen enough people at the range that have them fixed with bolts to there guns and yet many others that don't and wont use them so which ever you prefer .

I'll just say, when you have a bipod, when fully setup, costs over $350, and may rifles, the ability to move it around is nice.

My first bipod is a pic mount, and that stays on one gun. My other bipod is Arca mount.

I'm sure if I competed, I would want the ability to remove it. If I am going to be sticking it in and out of windows or through other barriers.

Quick release is the way to go, on an ARCA rail preferably. You get the ability to put your bipod at any position under the rail and being able to utilize things like bag plates, rail changer, and an ARCA tripod are huge benefits as well.

Reactions: DaleAGribble
I really like my bipod on my Arca rail. I take it off quickly for barricade stages on bags

It took me two matches to realize I needed to be able to take it off and put it back on quickly.

Quick release is the way to go, on an ARCA rail preferably. You get the ability to put your bipod at any position under the rail and being able to utilize things like bag plates, rail changer, and an ARCA tripod are huge benefits as well.
+1 to this

I love the quick release, the RRS mount allows you to do both arca and picatinny. this gives my bipods more versatility
this in theory would reduce the amount of bipods one would have...but for whatever reason they keep multiplying....