• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod question??

cornhusker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2012
Towandaa,Pa
Maybe not the place to ask??
I have read and been told that one has to load the bipod for accurate shooting..
I guess this means using a forward pressure?..This brings me to my question.
I notice some of the guys at the club have what looks like skies on their units.
In this case how are they loading them?Also my rifle is only 223 cal.
Can someone please explain all this to me..I have been a bench shooter for
years and want to try the prone shooting..Thanks..Also my rifle has a wide forearm..
I

It is not a bad question, but if you are an experienced shooter you may be over thinking it. You're probably already familiar with the concept of pulling the rifle back into the shoulder pocket during field shooting. This is similar, just move the shoulder pocket (thus your entire prone body) into the rifle enough to take the slack and play out of the bipod. As far as how those other guys at the range are set up, I would not worry about them. Half the mistakes in shooting are made because of things learned from a guy at the range.