• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod Question

wickedfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
ORANGE BEACH AL.
I seen a Bipod at the range the other day that looked as if it had a Gyro on it, this thing was crazy looking, anyone have any idea about such a cresature?

Re: Bipod Question

If your range is anything like mine, the guy next to you may be the best shooter around or a complete whack job that has a home made mount that will shoot a 1 hole group no matter what gun you put in it, or so he says... 5% chance of the first 95% chance of the latter from my experience.

But no, never seen a gyro bipod - patent the sucker quick.

I have a magazine with this thing on the cover, it is designed for shooting from a vibrating surface, like helicopter floors...If I can locate the magazine I will post/reply

This one was on a Rem 700 308, it had vibration dampners and all kinds of knobs, I just would like to know what it is and how much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this it?

http://www.xcaliberx-vip.com/ </div></div>

This is the one I had seen in one of my magazines.

All those discs do is remove a bit of vibration. They aren't going to help you shoot any better. They were developed for the archery industry to remove hand shock at the shot. They would do very little on a rifle and even less on a bipod.