• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod rec for short rail LMT MARSL, 16”

JLTX

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
North Texas
Good evening, I purchased an LMT MARS-L several months ago. I am finishing the accessories, but have a blank on a proper bipod and attachment for this short of a rail. I would love to stretch it out occasionally (SS barrel w BlackHills 77g) and would appreciate any/all advice on a bipod (and MLOK extension) that has worked for you in this setup. Many thanks!

Reactions: stephen r
" I am finishing the accessories but have a blank on a proper bipod and attachment for this short of a rail... and would appreciate any/all advice on a bipod (and MLOK extension) that has worked for you in this setup."
Thanks for this posting. Area419 is a vendor known for meticulous engineering and integrity in what it creates, suggests and carries. I'd go with the rails and bipods they have available. They have created a unique ARCA-compatible rail, a connecting clamp, and offer bipods that work well with the clamp.
My new rifle (a Tikka T3X Tactical A1 with M-lock fore-end) needs a solution, whether I keep using the DavidTubb.com bipod or jump to the Area419 choices. The rave reports of the MDT CKYE-pod Gen2 Double Pull are all they are reported to be... yet with a very tall price tag.
As far as rails, I am looking for a maker who creates a "spigot rail" that protrudes from the front of the fore-end by attaching to the M-Lock of my fore-end and has picatinny attachment for my existing bipod.

Lots of choices on bipods, from MLOK Magpul to Cadex and in between is Atlas and Harris. You just need an MLOK attachment point, or an adapter if you have a Picatinny bipod.

Thank you, bipods are easy (I have a dozen from Tbeast to Atlas to Harris), what I am looking for is an MLOK attachment that extends the attachment of the bipod towards the muzzle from the MLOK attachment point. The LMT MARS-L has incredibly short rails and I just want to maximize my grip space. I hope that Christmas treated your family and you well!

JL