• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod/Tripod for a TRG-22

Bushmaster7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2002
CONUS
Been reviewing bipods or tripods for my TRG-22. Best price I can find on the SAKO TRG bipod is $399. Any suggestions as to other bipods or tripods for a TRG-22 at that price or less? Precision Rifle Solutions looks like they make a nice tripod that would fit it fine. Thanks, Dale.

Re: Bipod/Tripod for a TRG-22

Look for a used LRA or a non-QD LRA and spend the extra $50.

I've shot/owned probably every bipod on the market and I have yet to find something better than the LRA's are.

For a light, compact gun like a 16" precision AR then the Atlas is pretty nice but when you start getting into 16lb+ precision rifles the differences between them show up really quickly.

For the price you're willing to spend on the Sako, the LRA is better built and I find it much easier to shoot "bugholes off bipods" with it.

I have 2 Harris, and 2 Atlas bipods and the TRG bipod. The TRG bipod is the best. It's a lot of $ but you have to use it to see how much better it is.

The Harris is better than the Atlas for hunting and comps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: finbox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 2 Harris, and 2 Atlas bipods and the TRG bipod. The TRG bipod is the best. It's a lot of $ but you have to use it to see how much better it is.

The Harris is better than the Atlas for hunting and comps. </div></div>

Curoius, do you have the atlas mounted like a Harris, or like the sako bipod with the front mount?

I have my atlas mounted like the sako bipod does, I like it but I wouldn't put out mega praised reviews about the atlas. I'd still like to try a sako bipod once to see which I like better, which is faster.

Still thinking of building my own tactical bipod. I built a kick ass f class bipod, might as well dream up something for the tactical comps too.

I have tried a Harris S, Atlas, and the Sako bipod. I have sot it in all conditions except deep sand and for me the Sako bipod is hands down better than the others. It loads better, adjust to uneven ground better, bites into natural surfaces as good or better, and will track WAY better than the others. It get the rifles center of gravity much lower. For me it is worth every penny and it is also one of the key components that make the TRG so good! If I could figure out how I would mount one to every rifle I own. I like them that much...

Do your self a favor go and try one before you decide. If you live in Maine or ever come up this way you are welcome to try mine. Just let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tried a Harris S, Atlas, and the Sako bipod. I have sot it in all conditions except deep sand and for me the Sako bipod is hands down better than the others. It loads better, adjust to uneven ground better, bites into natural surfaces as good or better, and will track WAY better than the others. It get the rifles center of gravity much lower. For me it is worth every penny and it is also one of the key components that make the TRG so good! If I could figure out how I would mount one to every rifle I own. I like them that much...

Do your self a favor go and try one before you decide. If you live in Maine or ever come up this way you are welcome to try mine. Just let me know. </div></div>

I agree.

In my opinion, the Sako bipod fits the TRG nicely. Yes, the Atlas may be quicker and a little easier to use at times, but the TRG feels more balanced with the Sako bipod.

But, it's your money. Try each one if you can and go from there.

DSC02777_zps133a36b5.jpg

Good to know the Atlas pods gets good reviews for fit on the TRG. I couldn't bite on the Sako bipod due to it being too spendy.

I'm running some old harris bipods at the moment. They have the small diameter pin and are made for a more rounded front grip - all kinds of rigged. Really time to upgrade.

Any good options for using the front rail under the forend? I would prefer to not purchase the kit that requires its removal.