• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod with easiest leg extension

TSparger

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Marietta, Georgia
My Vudoo 360 will hopefully be arriving in the next month or so and I'm working on getting the gear I want to go with it to shoot NRL22 matches and one of those items is a bipod. Saw a video last night showing a comparison between Atlas, Accu Tac and Ckye pod and from all indications it looked like extending the legs of the Accu Tac was the quickest and easiest of the 3. I'm currently running a Harris on my 6.5 CM that I shoot in PRS type matches and I like it ok but am wondering if I would something like the Accu Tac or Atlas better. Granted I'm a new competition shooter but I find it a little difficult to extend or retract the legs equally with the Harris when I'm on stage shooting. I seem to fiddle around with it quite a bit. I know practice helps with that but my practice is limited with family and work. If going with Accu Tac, what model would you all recommend for competitions?

I thought my Atlas was pretty easy and painless until I grabbed an Accu Tac off a prize table and started running it.
I think mine is the SR-5 G2 if I recall correctly.

ThunderBeast, quick to deploy and the legs shoot out when extended.

Reactions: Huckmeat
br-4 g2 is the more common option i see people using, unless you want/need a panning feature for movers or something.
i use the longer sr-5 g2 on my .308 gas gun, but don't compete in anything.

Between my TBAC and Atlas Cal Gen II the quickest to deploy and easiest to adjust one handed is the TBAC

Reactions: cgobeli
I've never seen a quicker thing than GG&G.
Unscrew large wingnut about 1/8th turn and the leg drops.
IMHO GG&G are pretty under rated.

Atlas is the opposite of east easy when it comes to leg adjustments in my mind. Leg adjustments are my very least favorite thing about my CAL, and top reason I know I’ll switch away from it one day.

The Accutac is pretty nice that way. People forget the Elite Iron, but it is a great bipod and deploys well (it is not a small bipod however). The Cadex offerings look very nice but come with a hefty price tag.

Long range accuracy is a simple push button. They also offer longer or shorter legs if needed. I had them make me custom length carbon legs for one of mine. Pricey but nice. I certainly can’t blame the equipment when I miss.

Reactions: gigamortis
The Ckyepod is by far the fastest. Just pull it. It locks into position push the button to retract. The adjustments for folding down the legs or making them wider is also crazy fast.

The Cykepod is probably the most popular bipod you see at matches, followed by Atlas and Harris. I don't know how much the cost turns people off, but i sold a bunch of atlas and harris after getting a few Ckyepods. The only place I would want something different is ELR or bench shooting like an Atlas Super Cal or Elite Iron. Ckye has some flex in it which is fine for most field shooting, but not as stable for absolute accuracy,

Reactions: giumau1
Hi guys,

Just joined the forum to list some items for sale, however I’ve just read the FYI and it appears I cannot list anything on this site... is that my understanding?
If so, could you provide a place besides eBay to list some benchrest precision bipods and other items.

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum to list some items for sale, however I’ve just read the FYI and it appears I cannot list anything on this site... is that my understanding?
If so, could you provide a place besides eBay to list some benchrest precision bipods and other items.

Pay the 19.95 and pad the price on a few items to cover the cost. If don't want to keep the ability cancel the subscription via paypal after the first month. All advice given by the HMFIC himself elsewhere on these forums.

Tier-One bipods also deploy without a button, are far better made than the Harris, and are lighter than TBAC. Just in case that's of help to anyone.

I still run Harris bipods on all my guns. I've tried an Atlas and bought one, and don't use it. Bipods are one of those things you either love or hate. The new fangled ones look rather complex and expensive to me. I'd love to try something new like Tbac, Ckye, MDT etc , I just can't bring myself to spend the money on one if I may not like it.

Personally I'd have to use one at a match or two and while hunting etc to know whether I like it or not. Playing with one for a few minutes at a show or on someone else's gun at a match isn't enough. Hence why I'm still using 10 year old Harris's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stang66
I'm not a big bipod guy, but my Warne skyline bipod is very easy to use...Pulling the leg down extends...to retract, there is a simple ratchet to go in fine increments if desired. I can't imagine anything simpler.

Ckye is the easiest, nothing extra to hit just grab and pull where you want it and well over 100* of can't can't have a leg on a tire and a leg on the ground extended and level your rifle if you have to. Great for roof simulators placed sideways also.

Between the atlas cal and the accu Tac
I prefer the atlas. Atlas is much faster and easier to deploy from the stowed position, the accu Tac is faster to adjust the legs though. Overall going from stowed to deployed and then adjust legs I’m faster with the atlas. Both are quality bipods.

Paint pen your Harris notched bipod so you can confirm its even?

IMHO Doesn't matter which bipod you have it you are stuck on the wrong notch.

love my ckye pod ( sort of expensive , but also love the ground pod ( it's pretty cheap), and atlas super cal ( back up to sort of pricey ) it's also pretty sweet then there's all the f class bi pods all of which are relatively easy to use and set up