• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bipod

Assume you can thread a bolt into it or a sling stud, then you can use a Harris or similar that attach to the sling studs.

If you have 2 you can fit a rail to them if the spacing is adequate, like a Atlas or Seekins SRS.
Or make a extra attachment point for the rail in the stock.

You can find adaptors from picatinny to sling stud.

But if you have a rail no reason not to attach the bipod to it?
Using rails gives you more options.

Triadtactical have most of what you can be looking for, if not use some Google wizardry.

The harris with the included sling stud works very well.
My preferred method is a SRS rail with the intergrated sling stud, or a Atlas rail with integrated flush cup though.
I prefer Atlas and LRA bipods though

Last edited:
My Harris bipod has a sling ring on the bottom of it so you can run a sling off of the bipod

Harris to the sling stud then sling to the stud on the Harris. Has worked well for many years for me.

I would like to see your bolt guns that have bipod and sling attachments. Show em
I've got a 10" Anschutz Rail in the bottom of my X-Ray 51 so I'm running an Atlas BT28. If you have an Anschutz Rail in the bottom of your stock I highly recommend a BT28 Rail in combination with a picatinny rail-equipped bipod (Larue LT706 QD Mount + Harris BRM-S) is ideal. ALL of the (many) rail-equipped bipod adapters that incorporate a bipod stud increase "stack", sit a little higher, and are heavier than the direct-mount LT706 configuration. Elimination of the Harris "saddle" lowers the center-of-gravity a little and reduces the Harris's weight by 2.8 oz.

As far as sling swivels go, I have flush cups set into the left side of the forearm and buttstock.

Bottom of forearm of my X-Ray 51. Gotta' love how Tac Ops "times" all of the Rail screws to the 12:00 position:
X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRail18x6.jpg

Adapter rails are inserted into wide opening at the rear, then slid forward. Here you can see the "lip" of the Rail that the BT28's Body and Nuts bear against:
X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRail38x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRailBT28CU28x6.jpg

Closeup of Birdsong-coated (Tac Ops OD & Black-T) Atlas BT28 in the Anschutz Rail in my X-Ray 51's forearm:

X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRailBT28CU38x6.jpg

X-Ray 51 with BT28 Rail in Anschutz Rail with Harris BRM-S + LT706 QD Mount Combo + KMW Gen 2 Pod-Loc:
X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28RS8x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28LS8x6.jpg

HarrisBRM-SLT706ComboFRONT18x6.jpg

Eliminating the Harris "saddle" lowers the center-of-gravity a bit as well as reducing weight by 2.8 oz.:

The only thing about the BT28 AFAR Kit is that you may have to shorten the 1/2" long screws that are included in the Kit. I have some older BT28 AFAR Kits, and the short screws in the BT28 AFAR Kits are really too short to work optimally in McMillan "Anschutz" Rails, so the (supplied) 1/2" long screws needed to be shortened to length. The BT28 Rail attaches to accessory rails by capturing the "lip" of the host Rail between the BT28's Body and the opposing edges of the BT28's two "Nuts" as the BT28's screws are tightened. When installed in a McMillan "Anschutz" Rail, the short screws barely had a full thread engaged on my BT28's threaded "Nuts". IMO that's not enough thread engagement to ensure that the screws won't loosen or strip-out if the bipod is bumped around. Hence I shortened (the included) 1/2" long screws to use the BT28 on McMillan Rails.

NOTE: The (supplied) short screws work well on the rails in the bottom of Bell & Carlson stocks (the Rails installed in the bottom of Bell & Carlson stocks are made of thinner metal, and the "lips" of these rails are also thinner so ). Because of this the screws don't have to be as long and the short screws included in the BT28 AFAR Kit worked perfectly when I tested them in the Rail of my brother's B & C Medallist Tactical Adjustable.

Keith

Last edited: