• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipods?

Huskydriver

Not here for a long time but here for a good time
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2018
SLC, Utah
So accu tac vs Atlas vs other?

Which one and why?

I cannot speak to the Accutac though they look nice and I’m sure are well built. I doubt you could go wrong with either. I have Atlas and Tier One. Both top notch machining, materials blah blah. Really I think it becomes user preference for accessories, cant control, panning vs no panning, leg angle, leg length, and attachment methods etc.

I’d say find the bipod that checks the most boxes and roll with it.

I haven’t ponied up for one yet, but the CkyePod appeals to me for the ease of leg height adjustment. That’s my one minor gripe with the Atlas CAL, hard to adjust legs quickly when behind the gun. Esp lowering them, raising them isn’t bad.

Atlas is easier to deploy and change the leg position than the Accutac.

Sinclair Tactical is aluminum light and versatile, got three of them and like 4 Harris 6-9 swivel on other guns. It's what works best for you and your needs.

deploying the legs takes a little more effort (pulling out instead of a button release), but extending and retracting the legs is quicker on the accu-tac.

Do the atlas legs roll on concrete or hard surface or do they lock once deployed?

I have an Atlas Cal and Accutac Sr5 or whatever its called. I like both and would rate them both similarly, as in both are very good. Its not a huge deal, but I do think the Accutac is definitely faster, and the quick retract legs are nice. The Accutac is the more rigid of the two but once again they're both really solid. Neither roll, both have access to spikes and claw feet. I also have time behind several harris bipods and those are solid but need several upgrades to like the pod-lock and stuff I feel.
But if you want the true lord, savior and GOAT, the Magpul bipod is it

I really like my Atlas Cal. Feet don’t roll, cant locks up tight, built really well, easy to deploy/manipulate, easy to swap between feet types, and all around great bipod. Next #TreatMyself gift will be some extensions and the raider cleats.

It really ties the rifle together dude.

Oh and RRS now has the SOAR ARMS lever mount for it. So when you slap the new AXSR/ASR RRS rail on your MC you’ll be super high speed.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I love my Atlas Cal Gen II. As noted above the feet don’t role on the cals. I have hawk hill talons for feet on my atlas.

Only the poors and savage owners use a Harris bipod. Mostly because they can’t shoot for shit and lack any ability to achieve success in their lives……

Here’s a pic of my Atlas
6B91DEBE-8684-49DA-AE47-88AD78FB205F.jpeg

deploying the legs takes a little more effort (pulling out instead of a button release), but extending and retracting the legs is quicker on the accu-tac.
Exactly....changing the length is a bit easier with the Accu-tac, but the position of the legs is easier with the Atlas....at least from my perspective. I have tendonitis in my shoulders, so I notice the difference more than others may

I love my Atlas Cal Gen II. As noted above the feet don’t role on the cals. I have hawk hill talons for feet on my atlas.

Only the poors and savage owners use a Harris bipod. Mostly because they can’t shoot for shit and lack any ability to achieve success in their lives……

Here’s a pic of my Atlas
View attachment 7650085
I beg to differ ,,,,,I run a SCAL on my savage!

Reactions: XLR308
Accu-tac can be bought with either picatinny or ARCA (or both) mounts. I think the atlas requires a third party adapter (419 or such) to run ARCA. Not a huge deal but an additional expense. That and the fast leg length adjust of the accu-tac swayed me to the accu-tac. I picked up a fc-5 g2 ARCA and am happy with it, its very tight, no wobble in any joints, the cant locks up very tight, super high quality product. Have a couple Harris too, they're the go-to and have some decent options VS the old school Harris models that you usually think of.

It all really depends on the game or use, right?
Time to deploy and manipulate matter in timed games, and range of adjustability matters more in others.
I have had tricked out Harris, Atlas pan and CAL models, Gen 1 Cyke, TBACs, and played with an Accutac recently. TBAC is my fave, I liked the Accutac but saw a leg collapse during a stage due to user error and it caught my eye as odd. I locked out the pan on my Gen1 Ckye cuz I hate pan, and I was finally gonna use it hard for an NRLH match this summer, but that got cancelled, darnit!
So, my $0.02 and free opinion: For quick deploys: Harris and TBAC win; for quick adjusts: all tie except the Cyke, which has wholelotta buttons; but for the best wide range of adjustments and positions, for field and gaming: Cyke wins.
Me, myself, and I have come to prefer the TBAC over the Atlas CAL because the cant is more adjustable and stays set where you want it, whereas my CAL cant feels all or nothing to me compared to the TBAC, and, the lever takes up more rail room than the TBAC's compact footprint.
The Cyke wins for field matches, and probably everything really, if you get real quick at deploying it, but I couldn't, and I hated pan. They lock pan now, but I'm a blind TBAC fan now and I'm so done messing with bipods. I keep one on the rimfire and one on the centerfire match rifles. done.
Because really, I think the last PRS style match I shot, I didn't even use my bipod once, it was all types of props and movement from very low crouching/kneeling to standing, and one barrel could have used a bipod, but who needs legs and 3 points of contact when you have a schmedium?! Especially with a Gamer plate too. It's barricade benchrest! :ROFLMAO:
So, even in games, but especially when prone: TBAC for me, quick flip for legs-down, the cant is smoooth and adjustable, height is perfect for me at 2-4 notches out depending on how soft the ground is, and my fave amount of mechanical slack, all in a real short rail space for a 10-12" Arca rail.
Really the best you can do is just fingerbang them all at a match and apply your preferences.

My experience is mostly similar with @StrayDog except the blind love for TBAC... I haven't found my soul mate bipod :cry:

To me TBAC deploys faster and the tension adjustment is better than CAL. TBAC sure looks like a lot more machining work go into each bipod vs Atlas, if that matters to you.... though they are both similar enough in use otherwise that I'm not sure the price difference justifies those small differences for most. Both are the sweet spot for must users between versatility, cost and stability imo

Elite Iron has better stability on a square range than any non-fclass bipod I've played with. Actually kinda of shocking the difference... very limited mounting flexibility though.

Cyke is unbeatable if you need the versatility it offers for match play... yet stability for square range only use is close, but not quite as good as those listed above imo.

Harris - is pretty out dated at this point. It works (if you get one that's squared properly), but it does nothing better than the others.

TRG - never mind... no one cares

Side note** - If you're hunting forget about any bipod cause tripods are where it's at.

I really like my Atlas Cal. Feet don’t roll, cant locks up tight, built really well, easy to deploy/manipulate, easy to swap between feet types, and all around great bipod. Next #TreatMyself gift will be some extensions and the raider cleats.

It really ties the rifle together dude.

Oh and RRS now has the SOAR ARMS lever mount for it. So when you slap the new AXSR/ASR RRS rail on your MC you’ll be super high speed.
Donny, you're out of your element!

But why tho?
Sorry I was feeling lazy. Long day, getting sleepy.......
  • Spring deployed feet
  • Pull down from folded without hitting button
  • Quick change feet: rubber or spiked and extensions
  • Adjustable tension for cant that stays put. Adjusted it when I bought it and have not touched it since. I go for a stiff friction so I can move can’t when I want to but otherwise stays put.
  • No pan - I don’t need this
  • Legs deploy by default to 90° but push a button and 45° available
  • Light weight
  • Legs forward of mounting point. No more feeling need to cheat my front rail forward during install of said rail.
  • Legs spring loaded throughout range to allow for fast adjustment from any leg height position
  • My favorite QD pic mount-(forget the company now).
I am sure I will think if more but these are some of the things that make me happy.

Last edited:
Tbac is the Goldilocks spawn of an atlas and Harris. All the good, none of the bad.

Reactions: 89shansson
Ckye pod FTW, had an atlas and it was good. However compared to the ckye your very limited on adjustability and how fast you can adjust in the fly. I now have 2 ckye and sold the atlas if that says anything.

So accu tac vs Atlas vs other?

Which one and why?
Anyone who replied without knowing your needs is guessing. So I'll take a few guesses as well.

Atlas is as popular as it is because its relatively high quality, small and light, and versatile on a large number of rifles. I have several and love them. A couple of the Atlas clone brands are not bad if you're willing to re-engineer the points they skimped on the most (I'll get bombed for that one and will have earned it)

Harris is much more limited but practically indestructible at a low price. I have several but now know there are better choices so I won't be buying another. Besides, how many low end bipods can a guy really use?

On the high end it's hard to beat Elite Iron. Especially true for ELR use (aluminum) or if shooting a large caliber (steel).. I'll admit I get just as much enjoyment just looking at them, true works of art.

Sent back a Magpul after first use. It did nothing well but price and didn't do some things is should (unless you only shoot off a bench).

And probably most used is my knapsack that's with me all the time.. now don't get all huffy just because it doesn't have two legs..

Accutac is the most stable so I think it’s the best for prone shooting. Harris is the best for hunting and a cheaper option for prs. It is also the fastest bipod you can get. Cyke pod is the best for prs. Atlas is great but I think that there is better options out there. But like lots of people say on here it is all personal preference. So pick one and get good with it.

In my experience, and it is up to you if you are willing to spend the money, but I cannot find a better bipod on the market than the gen 2 rugged ridge outdoor.

Attachments

• PXL_20210304_022644180-01.jpeg
    PXL_20210304_022644180-01.jpeg
    606.3 KB · Views: 75
Just picked up a TBAC from the px. When it arrives I’ll compare to my Atlas Cal Gen II and see what I think. Will take some time using it to get a real idea of how they compare but exited to see how it performs

I use my bipods primarily for hunting (crop damage) for most of the year. No prs or what not use on them. I’m thinking the spring leg extension will be very nice for field use to get above the vegetation easier.

If I had any complaint on the atlas cal it be that it can be difficult to adjust in the field vs a spring loaded leg to get that extra couple inches of clearance

I however absolutely love my Atlas cal so no need to watch the px for it because it won’t be going anywhere

I have a Tier-One Tactical Bipod with carbon fiber legs and a custom m-lok adapter. it was the lightest I could find at 9.70 ounces. For rimfire I use the Spartan 300 bipod.

I'm not bipod savy. Had a couple Harris many moons ago with not much use. I purchased an Atlas for my precision rifle after doing alot of research. I can't speak about any of the others you mentioned and I'm just a beginner with bipod use. So far I'm very pleased with the Atlas. I'm sure you would be served well with Atlas if you decide to go that route

I have both the atlas BT46-LW17 and a BR-4 G2. The accu-tac feels sturdier and the legs operate easier with 1 hand. Both are well built and supports shooting my 6.5 creedmoor & .338 lapua.