• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bird hunting thread!

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Any of you guys bird hunt? If not do you have land with pheasant, quail, etc. I have a young dog I need to get in some wild birds this year. Willing to pay! Let me know if you do. Thanks!

Where are you looking to hunt? I hunt pheasant un Iowa every year with GSP
    I hunt all over the Midwest. Pm me. Kansas is where I hunt mostly but bird numbers sucked there last year

I hunt all over the Midwest. Pm me. Kansas is where I hunt mostly but bird numbers sucked there last year
    You just need to learn what a "controlled shooting area" is :)
    G'wan, look it up, I'll wait.

There is an assload of WIHA areas all thru the state (walk in hunting area) that you don't have to ask permission, just pull up, park, hunt.
    That simple.
    There are seriously millions of privately owned acres that are WIHA.....thousands and thousands of places thru the whole state.

No other state I know of has such a program (correct me if I'm wrong please, I'd like to know).

BTW, one thing I am positive of, Kansas has made it a legal right in this state to be able to hunt and fish....no where else has.

Bird numbers have had their ups and downs in Iowa. Access to private land is definitely beneficial, that being said we typically hunt public lands and have success.

Reactions: Snipe260
    E1CD0B46-6DA5-46EB-8F22-B6657AC1E5A5.jpeg
    I was born in eastern Kentucky and grew up chasing grouse. Going to Maine this fall to get my young female in some wild birds.