• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SNOW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2003
Jackson, MS
Luke took his first dove on Sat moring. All in all he shot about 75 shells and knocked down 4
smile.gif
. I was proud of him. We both decided that we are much better with a bolt gun and scope. We had a great time and hope to go back next weekend.

Luke_dove.jpg

Re: Birds down

Great job. Dove Hunting + Good Time = Lots and Lots of shells. I hunted them in while Stationed in Yuma AZ and always had a blast.

Come shoot them in my front yard with a BB gun. You could take home 30 or more...

Tell him deer season is not far off he better get those shoting skills up. Good to see how much he love to hunt. take care cuz

BJ, not busting your balls but if I were a betting man I bet he can do better with his 308 than you can. He's just about to catch up with me. This little man is good. He shot a group around 2" just past 400 the other day. We just NEVER shoots a shotgun. He'll get better.

Way to go Luke !!
Dad better stock up on more shells !! LOL !!

Sounds like my first year of Dove hunting. Only God knows how many shells I shot, but I don't remember bagging more then a couple.

I don't feel so bad now for going through 35 shells for 6 birds on my first hunt last week...

Rained us out yesterday morning. Spent most of the day today planting food plots. You know BJ, one of the ones behing the pond. The one where you missed from last year. The one Luke killed a big doe out of. Had to rub it in. Hope you get to come home for Christmas. We will leave it alone for you and your kids. It should be a good one this year.

We picked up everyones empties. One reason was just to clean up behind grown men that don't know how. The other was we picked through and kept about 500 12 ga. and 500 20 ga. to reload. A buddy is going to let me borrow his stuff and show us how.

Dove is some of the most fun hunting there is, great way to introduce a kid to huntin or get someone hooked on it like crack. We wore them out last week but haven't been able to get back on them since every time we plan on going back out it rains. I've got 30 of them marinading in italian dressing, waiting on the bacon and charcoal....mmmmmmmm!