• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up BIRMINGHAM AREA ROLL CALL!

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Ok, there seems to be a lot of shooters around the Birmingham area. We need to link up and organize. The Norcal and AZ boys benefit from shooting a lot together, we need to figure out a good way to link up on a regular basis.

Team?
Club?

Ideas????

Re: BIRMINGHAM AREA ROLL CALL!

It goes without saying, im in
laugh.gif

I'm in! I even have two brand spanking new rigs to whore out to you Alabama guys!

Pc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess HDC can join
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Invitation only, sorry.

Unless someone has access to some private land that we can build our own range on, membership at Steel City will prolly be a must.

$240/yr, not bad, and it's a nice range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of land in between Auburn and Bham
smile.gif
</div></div>

If we could get enough people together, we could possibly lease a little bit...

From what I hear from my buddy Ian, they are building a range in the Auburn/Opelika area that is rumored go extend to distances out to 1000 yards.

I'm thinking somewhere just south of Bham would be nice, that way it's centrally located in the state. Then it would be evenly accessible to folks in south and north Alabama.

If we decide to lease a bit, we could put on our own matches, and I have a connection in the steel biz to get it set up with targets.

This is the best you rednecks can come up with??? Let's figure this out! There's lots of us here, lets make sumthin' happen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ih8Ku8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I hear from my buddy Ian, they are building a range in the Auburn/Opelika area that is rumored go extend to distances out to 1000 yards. </div></div>

who is they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, there seems to be a lot of shooters around the Birmingham area. We need to link up and organize. The Norcal and AZ boys benefit from shooting a lot together, we need to figure out a good way to link up on a regular basis.

Team?
Club?

Ideas???? </div></div>

What retard suggested this idea?
wink.gif

But I'm all in. I already have one steel order in for plates and spinners so we can have 1 and 1/2 moa steel targets at almost every distance at steel city. I will have more inbound after we have taken what I have to the range and decided on further functional needs. Also have some targets made up for dot drills at 200 and 300.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ih8Ku8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I hear from my buddy Ian, they are building a range in the Auburn/Opelika area that is rumored go extend to distances out to 1000 yards. </div></div>

who is they? </div></div>

I will call and ask him who it is. Get back to you on this later today.

im in. i also have a pretty good hookup on steel etc.

possibly have access to some land capable of stretching out to 1000ids. i just have to make some inquiries about using it and what would be expected from the people that use it.

I live just outside Tallassee Al. and have built a 200 yard rifle,police pistol range next to my house on my land. If interested give me a PM. The local poloice dept, use it now to qualify. Best of all the folks that live around me like to shoot too.

Bob / aka nam grunt

If any of you alabama shooters want to jump in, I have entered the ohio sniper match in early April. I am signed up for Sunday, but you can sign up for either Saturday or Sunday. The information is in the tactical competition thread.

I'm actually from the Huntsville area but it looks like it's gonna be a pretty good drive to get to a spot with any kind of range anyways so count me in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Edgecrusher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm actually from the Huntsville area but it looks like it's gonna be a pretty good drive to get to a spot with any kind of range anyways so count me in. </div></div>

Make sure you find the thread in the comp section and email to register before it fill up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this isnt off to such a great start... </div></div>

Be gone nay sayer....

maybe not exactly whats intended but looks like steel city hosts long range shoots twice a month. might be a place to start.

Steel City is great. I just wish I could actually join.

I've had my paperwork in for a couple weeks now, haven't heard anything back.

JRose,

Why wish just join! Or just come on out to the matches they are open to the public. You can shoot any of the matches without be a member.

I'm trying to join. Have my paperwork in, just waiting on the next step.

I've shot matches there in the past, but I work a lot and just need a place to go shoot when I'm off work.

waiting on my card so i can join as well. just need to get some people together. getting the ball rolling is always the hardest part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this isnt off to such a great start... </div></div>

Be gone nay sayer.... </div></div>

wasnt expecting it to happen by next week, it will get there. wait for a few more memberships to happen. get some groups out there a few times with lots of steel and other targets to shoot. people will start realizing how much this can help personal and local shooting progression and just flat out make it more enjoyable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to join. Have my paperwork in, just waiting on the next step.

</div></div>

You are hosed if they test for syphilis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to join. Have my paperwork in, just waiting on the next step.

</div></div>

You are hosed if they test for syphilis </div></div>

Ha!

OK, I was shooting matches there 2-3 times a month before I became a member. I guess it just rolled along quicker cause I was not waiting for anything, cause I did all the stuff at the matches and orientation right after a match one afternoon.

I shoot out to 1000 yards when ever I want,Kinda get's old when you can do it 7 days a week..

Jason,maybe if you "suck up" and walk the line they will let you in at SteelCity ?
you can come shoot up here if you bring wallmart Black and white to paint the hits..
All you need to do is prove you where born in the south,No other quality checks.
Your eather in or out
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot out to 1000 yards when ever I want,Kinda get's old when you can do it 7 days a week..

Jason,maybe if you "suck up" and walk the line they will let you in at SteelCity ?
you can come shoot up here if you bring wallmart Black and white to paint the hits..
All you need to do is prove you where born in the south,No other quality checks.
Your eather in or out
grin.gif
</div></div>

Damn. . . . Guess I'm out. . .

ASM1 has a cool place and I have been there once. I am in for a shoot whenever. ( If that is what he is offering?)
wink.gif
Frankie, maybe you should open a range? just sayin...... Tommy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BamaLoaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to stretch my Savage out to 600 or 700 yards. Don't really think I'm ready for 1000. </div></div>

Not a problem..

Holypond,I left a mark up there I think,,back in the early 1990's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ASM1 has a cool place and I have been there once. I am in for a shoot whenever. ( If that is what he is offering?)
wink.gif
Frankie, maybe you should open a range? just sayin...... Tommy </div></div>

You know your welcome Tommy.. As for an open range,I dont want to get into the trouble of it..Most of my shooting as you know tommy is field postions,Now if I meet a few like you and feel like minded and they want to bring wood,nails and such help build a BENCH or two we could shoot a few times a month.. Local LEO has me buisy at the moment with there new stuff..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot out to 1000 yards when ever I want,Kinda get's old when you can do it 7 days a week..

Your eather in or out
grin.gif
</div></div>

Damn. . . . Guess I'm out. . . </div></div>

How bad is it,North like nantuket or west cost ?
grin.gif

We may have to let it slide just for you..
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MBrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Asm1,

Nantucket.....for the people who don't know that was a low blow! </div></div>

But so real...
sick.gif

Ok if you vouch for em...But its on you if he has a sale boat and likes pop ..
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he has been down here long enough to slide i believe. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ASM1 has a cool place and I have been there once. I am in for a shoot whenever. ( If that is what he is offering?)
wink.gif
Frankie, maybe you should open a range? just sayin...... Tommy </div></div>

You know your welcome Tommy.. As for an open range,I dont want to get into the trouble of it..Most of my shooting as you know tommy is field postions,Now if I meet a few like you and feel like minded and they want to bring wood,nails and such help build a BENCH or two we could shoot a few times a month.. Local LEO has me buisy at the moment with there new stuff..</div></div>

frankie, i can donate enough wood to build more than a couple benches.

Thinking about it, I have a large pile of 2x4's and plywood I need to do something with before it ruins. I may be able to bring it your way this weekend if your schedule is open? It would be great for cutting out silouettes and such for use as a "friendly" and put a steel plate to the side. Or whatever. Let me know what your upcoming weekend plans are for this one or the ones to come. T