• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BisonTactical.com discount for Hide members

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    All - feel free to use this code on checkout for a discount, as thanks to all the Hide members!

Couple of things to remember:

1. You must be registered and logged into my website for the code to work
    2. Its will not work with all products due to MAP issues for some vendors
    3. You can always call me, just like most vendors on the Hide, make sure to let me know your from the hide and I will get you the best deal I can !

SnipersHide2014

Last edited:
    One small problem... no matter what I put in the cart and try to apply the discount code it always says, "Coupon code "SnipersHide2014" is not valid."

Has anyone actually gotten it to work?

ahh - couple of points I should mention:

1. You have to be logged in to get the discount. This shouldn't be an issue really since I require you to be logged in and registered to make a purchase. But if your trying the code out without registering and logging in, it won't work.
    2. The code won't work for Terrapins. There isn't enough margin in the Terrapin to give 5% off.

If your still having problems, please let me know since I tested this earlier to make sure it was working.

Good deal, thanks. I saw on another thread that you sold Pelican cases, but don't see any on the site. Should I just go direct with you once I figure out which one I need?

If that Kestrel is your purchase - I can tell you its a really good piece of kit - I have one exactly like it :)

Yes, I finally ponied up and got it. I am returning my Kestrel 4500NV and am upgrading to the Applied Ballistics with Bluetooth. My squad mate purchased that one also and after weeks of tormenting myself, I realized that it was a really good tool to have. I plan to use it for the local competitions here, a competition in Washington, and then the Sniper's Hide Cup.

The final straw? Both support from you guys and Frank's resounding compliment of the unit.

Thank you again for the support to the Hide members sir.

yes, only pre-order at this point, they still haven't started shipping from the manufacturer yet. Here is the note from my website "Currently accepting pre-orders as the first units have not started shipping."

However, the more confirmed buyers I have, the better I can judge the initial quantity for my order, so I am not caught short on inventory for the first batch (and so I can increase the order if need be).

yes, only pre-order at this point, they still haven't started shipping from the manufacturer yet. Here is the note from my website "Currently accepting pre-orders as the first units have not started shipping."

However, the more confirmed buyers I have, the better I can judge the initial quantity for my order, so I am not caught short on inventory for the first batch (and so I can increase the order if need be).

Ok I figured that was the deal. Mobile site version doesn't show the note about the pre orders that I could see and in rarely on a PC anymore. Thanks.

Just a quick reminder that when you use any coupon codes for Long Range Precision Shooting Products & Equipment | BisonTactical you have to first register - then login before the code will work. This shouldn't be an issue, since I require registration and a login to actually make a purchase. However, since there seems to still be some confusion - I figured I would remind folks to register and login !

Just a quick reminder that when you use any coupon codes for Long Range Precision Shooting Products & Equipment | BisonTactical you have to first register - then login before the code will work. This shouldn't be an issue, since I require registration and a login to actually make a purchase. However, since there seems to still be some confusion - I figured I would remind folks to register and login !

Any idea on the ship date for the Magnetospeed V3s?

oh, no problem, sorry it took a couple of days - normally we try to ship same day but we had a bit of inventory crunch, hope you didn't mind me shipping FedEx - I know you chose USPS, but since it was free (based on over $500 order), I figured I would just ship it out FedEx since their tracking and insurance is better.

Whats the main difference between the Magnetospeed V2 and the V3 excluding price? I had been shopping around for the V2 and didn't realize the newer version is coming out.

oh, no problem, sorry it took a couple of days - normally we try to ship same day but we had a bit of inventory crunch, hope you didn't mind me shipping FedEx - I know you chose USPS, but since it was free (based on over $500 order), I figured I would just ship it out FedEx since their tracking and insurance is better.

No slight to you. You have been great. I just hate Fedex. They are ULTRA slow. They suck.

To prove my point, they left the package at the facility you dropped it off at and left it there ALL DAY. Fedex absolutely sucks. I bet they will deliver the item along Highway 80 to Sacramento (which runs right past Reno), causing another day of delay. My father, for similar reasons, hates Fedex also.

Hummm… maybe I should start a thread?

Sorry, I apologize - next time I will give you a call before changing the shipping option. I sure hope it arrives before the weekend for you !

No apologies. I really appreciate all of your help. I will be writing about how great you have been.

Fedex let it sit overnight in Utah last night, so they changed the delivery date to Monday. According to their delivery times website, they state it should take 2-3 business days. IF (and this is a big IF mind you) they deliver on Monday, then that is 4 business days, or 6 days total. USPS would have delivered my package on Thursday. They have a habit of letting things sit for days and in this particular case, it sat around with nothing happening for 2 business days.

Fucking Fedex. I hate them.

Last edited:
    No apologies. I really appreciate all of your help. I will be writing about how great you have been.

Fedex let it sit overnight in Utah last night, so they changed the delivery date to Monday. According to their delivery times website, they state it should take 2-3 business days. IF (and this is a big IF mind you) they deliver on Monday, then that is 4 business days, or 6 days total. USPS would have delivered my package on Thursday. They have a habit of letting things sit for days and in this particular case, it sat around with nothing happening for 2 business days.

I'm curious here, as I sell FedEx services (I mostly deal with heavyweight freight but do use FedEx a good bit). When was it dropped off? If it was sent via Home Delivery (instead of Ground, both are technically Ground service though) then it'll deliver Saturday if it's available at the destination and that destination terminal offers Sat service (not many don't but if you're in a rural area that may be the issue). If it's going to a house but it was sent regular ground then herofish should make sure to start selecting home delivery for residential shipments. Feel free to pm me to discuss. **to clarify I am NOT talking about the smartpost service which is delivered by USPS

Now I'm off to check the bison site and see what I can't live without! :)

We are really new to shipping FedEx - just opened an account recently - so thanks for all the suggestions. I would just ask that in general if anyone has a particular problem with shipping on the other services to please note that when you order so we make sure to ship in a particular way - ie, via USPS or UPS etc. I know some people have real problems with deliveries not working well with some services, but others work fine - just make a note on the order for us so we pick up on that and don't do something that will introduce delays in shipping or cause any problems for you !

I'm curious here, as I sell FedEx services (I mostly deal with heavyweight freight but do use FedEx a good bit). When was it dropped off? If it was sent via Home Delivery (instead of Ground, both are technically Ground service though) then it'll deliver Saturday if it's available at the destination and that destination terminal offers Sat service (not many don't but if you're in a rural area that may be the issue). If it's going to a house but it was sent regular ground then herofish should make sure to start selecting home delivery for residential shipments. Feel free to pm me to discuss. **to clarify I am NOT talking about the smartpost service which is delivered by USPS

Now I'm off to check the bison site and see what I can't live without! :)

The package was dropped off on Tuesday night at a Fedex location in Henderson, CO. It was picked up 6:23pm WEDNESDAY and arrived back at the same place at 9:15pm. (??) Then it departed at 7:34am Thursday and arrived at North Salt Lake, UT at 8:06pm. There it sat until magically it arrived (without departure somehow) to Reno, NV at 6:12am. 9:00am out for delivery, 3:28pm delivered.

What was frustrating was when I got a call on Thursday advising me that I had to be present to sign for the package. Since my wife had errands to run with the kids, I had to stay home for work. Quite an inconvenience at times. So several expectations were not met in this process by Fedex.

We are really new to shipping FedEx - just opened an account recently - so thanks for all the suggestions. I would just ask that in general if anyone has a particular problem with shipping on the other services to please note that when you order so we make sure to ship in a particular way - ie, via USPS or UPS etc. I know some people have real problems with deliveries not working well with some services, but others work fine - just make a note on the order for us so we pick up on that and don't do something that will introduce delays in shipping or cause any problems for you !

Well, I received my Kestrel today. There I was, justing getting back from my shooting day with my friend. I was just explaining how frustrating it was regarding Fedex. And low and behold, the Fedex guy shows up. What was strange was his comment to me. He stated he was not supposed to delivery it until Monday, but thought he would try my place on Saturday, just to be a good guy. Why would he feel like it should not have been delivered until Monday? What kind of organization holds it front line employees from completely satisfying there customers?

The Kestrel is awesome and I thank you for all of your help Frederic. You went WELL ABOVE my expectations, even going so far as to assist me with my old computer issues, which had little to do with the Kestrel itself and more to do with me having an old PC (being a Apple iMac guy). I will also keep my eye out on your website for other specials. Great work on your end.

Well nice to hear it arrived on Saturday. It may be that I sent it Ground, not Home delivery - for some reason the delivery days are different for those two services. I think I am going to try getting everything running on my laptop as well (it also runs XP since its an old Toughbook). So I may be following in your footsteps !

I worked in Wells, Nevada on the pipeline and found out shipping Fedex was a bad idea for that area. I ordered some tools I forgot to bring with me and it took 4 days to get out of Utah to the Warehouse.

The brown are new style - ie, with the velcro. I will say the new ones are smaller, and fit the Kestrel tighter than the old style with the fastex buckle. There is no longer an inner pocket for extra batteries either. They seem to be made just as well (pretty durable looking).