• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bit the bullet. Bought a Super CAL

Tokay444

Black Rifles Matter. Haney is stalking me.
Minuteman
  • Jun 24, 2019
    Probably the worst time to be spending money, but it’s also the cheapest I’m likely to see this thing for a long time. Especially in Canada.
    My PRS can now be married to my Bergara HMR, and SCAL will be right at home one this...

06C987D8-D0B2-4EBC-9DD8-C55DCF9FB3B6.jpeg

EA15D7CE-8182-4E67-96C7-CB8E86CD9149.jpeg

47A35778-B11E-41CF-94F8-B52E3CE5F15F.jpeg

Hey guys. This is a stupid question but what is a Super CAL? I googled it and go a bunch on Calcium vitamin ads.

Wish I had gotten the Super CAL at the Snipershide introductory price. Hard to justify paying $60 more now.

I have been wanting to try one out. I think I might like them more than the Atlas 5h bipods my wife and I use.

AEAC2F69-190C-4E3B-9388-ABB290579620.jpeg

Love the SCAL. Its big, I have to take it off the rifle when in the range bag for transport. Helps with 338 recoil.

Reactions: Tokay444
    Wish I had gotten the Super CAL at the Snipershide introductory price. Hard to justify paying $60 more now.
    What’s $60 buy you these days?

Well thanks a lot, ya bastards cost me another $380. Had been on the fence about giving the SCAL a shot considering how much I like the CAL... Welp, guess we'll find out in 3-5 days!

Reactions: Tokay444
    Do y’all a cals lock up if tightened all the way?

tsu45, only because you asked...at least on my S Cal, the lever locks up tight but it's still pretty easy to can't the rifle. It's my first real bipod so i don't know if this is common but i was surprised, i thought i could more definitively lock out the cant by tightening the lever.

Mine doesn’t completely lock up but gets stiff enough that it’s doesn’t move without actually trying to purposely move it.

Love mine. Locks up pretty damn tight not 100% but pretty close

Love mine. Locks up pretty damn tight not 100% but pretty close

Mine gets pretty tight. My favorite bipod so far.

I should have bought a Super CAL over the 5H. To the guys w both, which one do you prefer?

If you want the cant to lock up harder on an Atlas (and you have a KMW Pod Loc on it), do this:
    - unscrew Pod Loc until it comes off
    - tighten nyloc nut (a little goes a looong way)
    - screw Pod Loc back on
    - go back to your search for toilet paper

They should put a big note in the box on this.

The only problem is then getting the nyloc nut into just the right tightness range so you can still cant the gun and also (pretty much) lock off the cant. It’s a fine line. That’s my main criticism of the design…I wish there was a wide range of cant tightness, and that the lock off was completely, totally immobile. Like a RRS ball head in feel.

I spun my second PVA barrel onto this gun and headed to the range with a random light load of 40.8gr of H4350 and 140gr Berger Hybrids to chamber form my virgin Alpha SRP 6.5CM brass, and get some rounds down the tube.
    To my shock and amazement, I had an ES of 60 over 100 rounds as the barrel began to speed up.
    Bore sighted then put the first 4 shots on paper, adjusted my scope, and began taking data with my Magnetospeed V3. These 5x10round groups were the first 50 shots with me being kinda sloppy, knowing that you don’t shoot for groups with your chrongraph attached. I was also chasing the sunset, and starting to get cold. This table is also rickety as fuck. The big flyer on target 3 was definitely me yanking the gun on the first shot of the group after warming up in the club house and letting the gun cool from that last sloppy group.
    I guess that’s my long winded way of saying that this thing has enormous potential with proper load development and I can’t wait.
    A big kudos to @bohem for a great barrel.
    AA6C3F18-BDF0-47A0-95F3-C0B616C68B7F.jpeg

CDE0796E-69AF-4E93-ADD5-FB6195C23552.jpeg

B8FC7678-208D-461E-91E0-45B250DB70AB.jpeg

FCA07100-DE64-4063-AE27-0D87409AF70F.jpeg

Last edited:
    Benefit of Super CAL over regular CAL? it's just bigger correct? I just Bought a CAL but I'm sure I could exchange it for a Super.

Jeff
    Wider stance and a bit higher apex.
    If the size doesn’t scare you you’ll find it is absolutely more stable than the CAL.

CAL is more compact and at times that’s a major feature.
    CAL with fit in a bag on the rifle.
    Not so much with the SCAL.

Lots of room for both, and both rifles in my Cadex bag.

DAC09742-D4CE-4909-BC99-C4F184711BDC.jpeg

5DCB21DE-0B5E-4379-9F6A-FB4DA199C4A3.jpeg

AFFCE9F0-43A3-4255-830C-739F7E6914A0.jpeg