• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bix Andy Andy tacsport pro

Painterbolt

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2017
Lakehills, Texas
So I got a brand new tacsport pro and got it installed and noticed when the trigger safety is not fully forward the trigger will “click” but the firing pin won’t move forward. As soon as I push the safety fully forward the rifle will fire without me pressing the trigger.

I took apart the trigger and had two small parts fall out that after looking at the diagram I have no idea where they belong. But after putting the trigger back together, without the two parts, the trigger functions perfectly and is now safe. Any idea where these parts belong? I messaged the company and tried calling but no response yet.

Attachments

• 91419988-93D2-44CF-96D2-AC444B545A3F.jpeg
    91419988-93D2-44CF-96D2-AC444B545A3F.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 71
That spring and washer are installed in a hole in the side of the trigger shoe.
The spring goes in first then the ball on the outside pushing on the trigger housing cover.
That would have zero effect on the issue you were having.

That spring and washer are installed in a hole in the side of the trigger shoe.
The spring goes in first then the ball on the outside pushing on the trigger housing cover.
That would have zero effect on the issue you were having.
Could you point out where that hole is?
1597928528883.png

(not like I have a couple of these and dont know what to do with them... but like you said they still work fine without it so I never bothered worrying. )

As for questions on the trigger itself and its function, I would try calling bullet central and see what they have to say about it as they are the main distributors and are the people who make all of the demonstration videos.

@spife7980 the trigger in the image does not have it, it would be a hole drilled right next to the pivot pin on the trigger shoe.
I believe it is the newer triggers have it the older ones do not.

customizeyourtrigger-tacsport-1.jpg

When I changed the shoe on my Tacsport Pro there was no spring in the side of the shoe. There was a small hole in the side but nothing is installed in it and the instructional video on Bullet Central makes no mention of it. I think the competition trigger has the spring in the shoe. Not sure where that spring and ball go. I’d call Bullet Central like spife suggested.

Awesome got the spring installed. After taking apart the trigger and putting it back together the trigger is working how it should. No idea why it was not working in the first place.

I have 2 TS Pros. I changed the stock shoe on both to a straight shoe. One had a blind hole for the spring and detente, the other didn't. I can't tell any difference between the 2.
Unless you removed the shoe, those parts should have been captured. If they fell out, thats probably what was causing the hang up.