• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bix n Andy Dakota Trigger Tikka

fullbore

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 12, 2018
    Has anyone replaced their factory Tikka trigger with a Bix n Andy Dakota trigger?

Ive upgraded the trigger spring in mine and its breaking nicely at just over 1lb.

Just wondering if its worth the money to upgrade or not.

Cheers

I have the Dakota on my bighorn. It is a great solid trigger. The adjustability would be a plus on the tikka. I would say it would be an improvement over a tikka factory trigger with spring, but not enormous.

I've had both. I wasn't impressed by the bix, mostly due to the trigger shoe being so narrow. The Tikka trigger has pretty much the same break and over travel, but with a wider shoe.

If you could swap the shoe like you can with the tac sport, it'd be a different story.

I am in this same boat right now - just picked up a super varmint and all my other rifles are single stage flats.

Is there anyone other than Bixn and Jard making single stages?

I am in this same boat right now - just picked up a super varmint and all my other rifles are single stage flats.

Is there anyone other than Bixn and Jard making single stages?

I have three Tikka's, never seen the need to change them out.