• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bix 'N Andy Tacsport - Anyone got it yet?

parshal

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Colorado
Mine are enroute but I was curious if anyone has one yet and what they think? I tried searching first but the threads I found are older.

I got mine in the rifle! (but I work at BulletCentral) You should have yours today or tomorrow! Let us know what you think of it!

I was all excited when a buddy said he got shipping confirmation. Then I heard the lefties are delayed at least several weeks behind right handed version. Hoping I will like cause am selling couple of my Timney CEs. I am getting the 2 stage versions by the way.

I have the marskmen and the taccsport will be here Friday.

Mine has been installed. Single stage. Dry firing and whatnot only, but really like it so far. Very clean and consistent break. I didn't play with the pull weight or sear engagement yet as it felt plenty light from the factory for my taste (coming from a Timney 510 set at about 1.75-2 lbs.)

will be doing some shooting this weekend and will report back.

I've installed three of the two stage triggers on a Defiance, Bighorn TL3 and Kelbly. I had to bend the safeties outward a bit to get them to clear the action. Once installed, I'm unable to move the safety outward to push it forward due to the little pin that's installed for an extra safety measure. I've taken one apart to push out the pin but it's in there tight. I'll get it out but I'm taking care.

The two stage comes at 500 grams for the first stage and 200 for the second. I've reduce the second stage a little bit and reduced the travel of the first stage. Overall they measure 16-18 oz which where I like my triggers. They are nice and crisp. I love being able to adjust all the weights and travel vs the Calvin Elite.

I've installed three of the two stage triggers on a Defiance, Bighorn TL3 and Kelbly. I had to bend the safeties outward a bit to get them to clear the action. Once installed, I'm unable to move the safety outward to push it forward due to the little pin that's installed for an extra safety measure. I've taken one apart to push out the pin but it's in there tight. I'll get it out but I'm taking care.

The two stage comes at 500 grams for the first stage and 200 for the second. I've reduce the second stage a little bit and reduced the travel of the first stage. Overall they measure 16-18 oz which where I like my triggers. They are nice and crisp. I love being able to adjust all the weights and travel vs the Calvin Elite.

So the second stage wall is firm? Not creepy and full of uptake like the Timney CE?

Yes, it's pretty darned firm. What I like is being able to adjust the first stage weight and travel. That makes is worth the cost alone.

I had to use a dremel and stone to reduce the extra safety pin. Punching it out is darned near impossible. But, good news is I've had one completely apart and it still works. LOL

Last edited:
So just an update in case someone hasn't seen it, but I was about to order the tax sport and read on otm tactical that they don't recommend them on a tl3 or surgeon action. I chickened out and ordered the good ole jewell

I'd like to hear more on the issues with the TL3. I have a left safety model on order special for a TL3 build and this is the first I have heard of this...

Just call otm and ask. I'm sure they'd be willing to help, I was just on the fence between that and a jewell it was enough for me to stuck with jewell

I'd like to hear more on the issues with the TL3. I have a left safety model on order special for a TL3 build and this is the first I have heard of this...

I was on the phone with Chris Harris on Fri, Sat and Mon debugging the TacSport 2 stage on my 15xx TL3, however it worked on a 13xx TL3. We discovered teh cocking piece on the latter bolt extends 0.7 mm longer on the 15xx bolt then the 13xx bolt - and what is happening is when you pull the trigger on the 15xx the cocking piece drags on the sear slowing the firing pin so it moves only ~ 3mm forward instead of the full 6mm. This same situation is happening on Surgeons.

Solution is TacSport needs to have a new sear profile cut for owners of those actions. ~ 4 -6 weeks out.

I was on the phone with Chris Harris on Fri, Sat and Mon debugging the TacSport 2 stage on my 15xx TL3, however it worked on a 13xx TL3. We discovered teh cocking piece on the latter bolt extends 0.7 mm longer on the 15xx bolt then the 13xx bolt - and what is happening is when you pull the trigger on the 15xx the cocking piece drags on the sear slowing the firing pin so it moves only ~ 3mm forward instead of the full 6mm. This same situation is happening on Surgeons.

Solution is TacSport needs to have a new sear profile cut for owners of those actions. ~ 4-6 weeks out.

Now the good news - customer service has been incredible, Chris really took care of me and spent hours debugging with me. Lastly the trigger is very sweet - i like it more than my $495 BnA marksman trigger.

So the newer TL3 actions are different spec than the earlier ones? I realize that .7mm isn't that much but I thought these things were supposed to be virtually identical....

I got 2. One for my surgeon and one for my remington 700. First I put it in the Remington and found that the top sear dragged on the bolt body while working the bolt. Chris told me they are working on a fix for it. I put my Calvin Elite back in my Remington and Returned both. I exchanged them for a Bix N Andy competition that I can put into my Surgeon. OTM says there are issues with the Tac Sport on the Surgeon (Poor top sear engagement). Because my surgeon build comes back from the Smith Tuesday I didn't want to wait for a "Fix" to be manufactured, I'm ready to shoot this thing because I waited 8 months on IonBond.

This brings me to ask if any of you have tried the competition version in a Surgeon? Is there a lot of cock on close? I hear that this can be an issue.

I got 2. One for my surgeon and one for my remington 700. First I put it in the Remington and found that the top sear dragged on the bolt body while working the bolt. Chris told me they are working on a fix for it. I put my Calvin Elite back in my Remington and Returned both. I exchanged them for a Bix N Andy competition that I can put into my Surgeon. OTM says there are issues with the Tac Sport on the Surgeon (Poor top sear engagement). Because my surgeon build comes back from the Smith Tuesday I didn't want to wait for a "Fix" to be manufactured, I'm ready to shoot this thing because I waited 8 months on IonBond.

This brings me to ask if any of you have tried the competition version in a Surgeon? Is there a lot of cock on close? I hear that this can be an issue.

It really depends on the Surgeon you have. This is what has made the precision trigger business difficult. There are so many companies making actions and the specs have inconsistencies, then inconsistencies between models, years produced, etc. We are working on all of the variations.

The competition trigger has had great success in surgeon actions, but some other surgeon actions have been an issue (and we have addressed them to make sure the customer has a proper sear). Some have a higher trigger hanger pin to cocking piece height, some have a lower pin to cocking piece height. There are some surgeons (and TL3 actions) that work perfectly with the current configuration, some of course do not. Our specs and sear height is confirmed to be 100% consistent. We are building a data base of actions, models, and production years. As time goes on this will help more.

To eliminate question give us a call, measure your pin to cocking piece height, and we can set you up with the top sear that will work perfectly. We will have TacSport replacement sears in 1-2 weeks, depending on which action/measurement you have we may have Competition triggers with the correct sear ready to deliver. We are 100% committed to customer service and making sure you have the best trigger that money can buy. Give us a call at the office or send us an email anytime. I try to watch the forum(s) as much as I can, but its not the best way to reach us.

Thanks for your understanding,

Nick
Bullet Central
701 371 4444

Thank you so much for the response. I have been incredibly impressed with BulletCentral.com and your customer service. I spoke with Chris a couple times and I'm floored by the willingness to help after hours. Not to mention a wide knowledge base.

I won't hesitate to use you guys again in the future.

FWIW the Tac Sport has an amazing feel to it!

My single stage arrived this past Monday. Installed on a Templar action, as delivered, and pull weight was exactly 1# and super-consistent. The machine work on this piece is unbelievable, and I am picky. The action and feel of the safety is by far the nicest I have touched. This trigger makes the Timney 517 it replaced feel like junk, and I am a Timney fan.

Buy one, I can't imagine you would regret it!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the response. I have been incredibly impressed with BulletCentral.com and your customer service. I spoke with Chris a couple times and I'm floored by the willingness to help after hours. Not to mention a wide knowledge base.

I won't hesitate to use you guys again in the future.

FWIW the Tac Sport has an amazing feel to it!

Ditto - their CS is the best.

Wanted to bump this post as I got a TacSport for my TL3...not allowing firing pin to fall all the way, definitely getting hung up. The bad news is that my smith tried to install this same trigger in his Rem 700 and it just did not fit into his action (standard Rem 700).

nbutze - is my problem due to the incorrect sear? Assuming Bullets Central is providing the correct sear? Hoping there's no cost associated with the new sear...

Super irritated at this whole debacle only because I had a strong feeling that this trigger was going to have issues with it being brand new to the market and all...

Let me know...

Last edited:
Wanted to bump this post as I got a TacSport for my TL3...not allowing firing pin to fall all the way, definitely getting hung up. The bad news is that my smith tried to install this same trigger in his Rem 700 and it just did not fit into his action (standard Rem 700).

nbutze - is my problem due to the incorrect sear? If so, can I send my trigger into you guys to install the correct sear (or is it not so much a pain in the ass where I can do it myself)?

Super irritated at this whole debacle only because I had a strong feeling that this trigger was going to have issues with it being brand new to the market and all...

Let me know...

Whats your TL3 Serial Number (first two digits?). My 13xx TL3 had no issue, my 15xx had issue - reason is the cocking piece on the 15xx is 0,7 mm longer.

Replacing the sear on the BnA TacSport requires a t10 screw driver and ~ 10 seconds. Simple.

I have a TL3 with the same issue. I've worked with Chris and they are aware. He had a TL3 on the way for testing and had another friend's TL3 they were working with. He said they'd have a new sear in about two weeks. That was nearly two weeks ago so I'm expecting it soon. Give them a call and he will get you taken care of.

craigos - thank you for the response. My serial begins with 14. Did you get the new sear from Bullets Central?

craigos - thank you for the response. My serial begins with 14. Did you get the new sear from Bullets Central?

I put the TacSport in my 13xx and the Marksman in my 15xx. The new sears havent arrived as yet

FYI, my TL3 is also 15xx. Chris stated the new sears should have passed through customs over the weekend.

Just to update you guys. I think everyone here in this thread has been taken care of, but if anyone else is reading and wondering what to do...:

We have "Short" Seers in our office. This will make the Bix'n Andy Trigger work in a TL3, Surgeon, (some) Stillers, (some) Remington 700's (98% of the Remington 700's have been OK with the standard seer).

IF you have a Bix'n Andy Tac Sport Trigger and you need a replacement seer, send us an email or give us a call +1 701 371 4444.

We can send you a replacement seer, you ship us back the original seer. (just drop it in an envelope)
OR
You can send us your trigger, we will replace the seer and ship it back to you.

IF you want to BUY a Bix'n Andy Trigger (from Bullet Central OR an Authorized Dealer) simply put in the memo of the order which action you are using. If we have questions we will contact you immediatly. As long as we know which action you have we will send you the correct seer already installed in the trigger. Dealers also have a stock of seers.

In the future if you want to change the trigger from this action to another one etc. we will have replacement seers available for purchase.

If you have any questions give us a call, send an email to [email protected] or send me a PM, but please know I do not check the forums as often as I should.

Thank you!

NB

I'm waiting on the LH TacSports to arrive also. The last piece of the build puzzle for mine.
I just got everything back from the Cerakoter yesterday,and put it all together,just need a trigger.