• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bix n andy tacsport pro-x

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Has anyone bought the new pro-x from bullet central? I know it’s new, but curious if anyone has any opinions before trying it?

At the very least, it LOOKS awesome

I ordered one the day it dropped. Will compare when its in-hand. Had stayed away from Bix'n Andy previously based on some friends recommending against them, but I've tried every other 2 stage and just flat wanted to see for myself.

I ordered one the day it dropped. Will compare when its in-hand. Had stayed away from Bix'n Andy previously based on some friends recommending against them, but I've tried every other 2 stage and just flat wanted to see for myself.
The single stage flat shoe sounds very nice. I’d like to compare this to a diamond

I have a TacSport two stage with gator shoe and think it’s too light. I’m not understanding the benefit here - more polished internals and the trigger shoe preinstalled? Meh.

I have a TacSport two stage with gator shoe and think it’s too light. I’m not understanding the benefit here - more polished internals and the trigger shoe preinstalled? Meh.
How light do you have yours at? I believe this one goes from 3.5oz to 2.2lbs

So what do I get for $10 more in the PRO-X vs the PRO besides the aluminum housing vs stainless?

Has anyone bought the new pro-x from bullet central? I know it’s new, but curious if anyone has any opinions before trying it?

At the very least, it LOOKS awesome
Yeah, got it yesterday. Very nice. Got the single stage to try vs my trigger tech two stage. Came set super light from bullet central. But I’m not unhappy with it. Preliminarily, I like it. It is my first Bix trigger after countless trigger techs and AI triggers so excited to see how it works.

So, the thing I don't really "get" is, how would this or any other trigger be an improvement over a TT Diamond? I have TT Diamonds in my AR's and bolt guns and I just don't know how they could be better? I'm not being a smart butt, I'm just genuinely asking. The TT has such a crisp clean break and is adjustable down to so low, I don't know what more could be done to make it better or another trigger better.

So, the thing I don't really "get" is, how would this or any other trigger be an improvement over a TT Diamond? I have TT Diamonds in my AR's and bolt guns and I just don't know how they could be better? I'm not being a smart butt, I'm just genuinely asking. The TT has such a crisp clean break and is adjustable down to so low, I don't know what more could be done to make it better or another trigger better.

adjustable sear height is what gives bix triggers the advantage.
- this is what allows them to have consistent/reliable light pull weights if setup correctly

if i’m reading correctly, looks like the biggest change between the pro and the proX is an over travel stop has been added

They should offer adjustable shoes length for those with monsters hands. I know TT is making some for Gunwerks new action.

Just give me a TRG trigger in everything.

adjustable sear height is what gives bix triggers the advantage.
- this is what allows them to have consistent/reliable light pull weights if setup correctly

if i’m reading correctly, looks like the biggest change between the pro and the proX is an over travel stop has been added
Triggertech’s come with neat little “VOID” stickers on the trigger case so you don’t open ‘em up. Bix is touting how you can open up and clean these, going so far as recommending it (per Bullet Central video). So maybe that’s a plus, but maybe it’s not?

Reactions: Baron85
Swappable top sear heights for better sear engagement (better compatibility with more actions), swappable trigger shoes, disassembly for cleaning without voiding warranty, overtravel (debatable improvement - Bix'n Andy would argue that a little overtravel gives you some margin for error when it comes to post break follow through affecting your shot versus)

TacSport Pro-X internals are machined and finished in the same process as their Competition trigger supposedly resulting in a crisper break than the regular TacSport Pro.

Swappable top sear heights for better sear engagement (better compatibility with more actions), swappable trigger shoes, disassembly for cleaning without voiding warranty, overtravel (debatable improvement - Bix'n Andy would argue that a little overtravel gives you some margin for error when it comes to post break follow through affecting your shot versus)

TacSport Pro-X internals are machined and finished in the same process as their Competition trigger supposedly resulting in a crisper break than the regular TacSport Pro.

just like the "new new" with the CDG, I'm probably going to give this a try too hahaha

Depends on your preferences.

Being able to "time" the sear engagement is an awesome feature. I'm surprised more triggers don't do this.

I personally prefer the feel of a BnA over the TT. I like that there's travel after the break of the second stage, it helps me focus on keeping the trigger pressed after the shot breaks. I also prefer the thinner trigger shoe, and all the adjustability of the BnA.

Depends on your preferences.

Being able to "time" the sear engagement is an awesome feature. I'm surprised more triggers don't do this.

I personally prefer the feel of a BnA over the TT. I like that there's travel after the break of the second stage, it helps me focus on keeping the trigger pressed after the shot breaks. I also prefer the thinner trigger shoe, and all the adjustability of the BnA.
On a 2 stage that makes more sense to me. I don't use 2 stage triggers on anything so. Yeah I can see the timing of the sear. I didn't know that you could even do that within that trigger. I guess I need to check it out

Reactions: kthomas
I wouldn’t call the sear swapping “timing” it as it doesn’t change when lugs engage or primary extraction or even overcocking etc, it’s more just getting a proper elevation fit between the trigger and the firing pin with no interference between the two

It’s longer than I’d generally tolerate a YouTube for but it covers it all

Reactions: st1650 and kthomas
Thanks for spending my money. Just ordered one for a 6.5x47 that should be here by the end of the week

Any new feedback on these. Considering trying one on my new build. Currently running TT 2 stages and an older CG Jackson mod 22. Just like trying new things to find out what I like.

Second question, I see there is the pro x and tacsport X. Only difference I can see on the specs is the pull weight. Am I correct in thinking they are both polished and equal quality other than pull weight? I like around a 1# break so the cheaper tacsport x would work if that’s the case.

I've been running a Tac Sport Pro X w / Gator Shoe for about 3 months now. Im running my trigger on my PRS rifle, a Triggered Precision Machine built Terminus Zeus / Brux / 6BRA. So far I have 4 matches and around 1200 rounds through the trigger and I love it. I run light triggers on my PRS guns (8-10 oz) and came from running a TT Diamond in that weight range for several years. Here is what I have noticed:

#1 - The break is more crisp. I have tens of thousands of rounds through Diamonds and know the trigger pull profile like the back of my hand. It is predictable and repeatable, but it has more of a "roll" feel compared to the BnA. I have my BnA set at 8 ounces and the pull is truly like a glass rod breaking. There is zero creep, zero roll and it is very repeatable. Even with an 8 ounce trigger, I have zero issue prepping my finger on the trigger prior to breaking the shot in a match. Its important to note, I never noticed this characteristic with the TT Diamond until I shot it side by side my BnA. It's subtle, but definitely noticeable by other shooters who play with the rifles as well.

#2 - The sear adjustment is great. I like to run light triggers as mentioned above so I want to make sure I have good sear contact an never have a slam fire, or AD. It took all of 5 minutes to go through the adjustment process and I havent touched the trigger. I drop tested the living shit out of it and ran the rifle hard at a team match last weekend. Never had an issue.

#3 - So far it has proven to be reliable. This was a concern at first. I was hesitant to ditch the TT Diamond on my primary rifle simply because it has been so damn reliable. We get a mixture of snow, rain, ice, mud, moon dust and a whole bunch of other nasty stuff at our matches and the BnA has had no problems.

#4 - I REALLY like the gator shoe. I was given the trigger to test out and holy crap I was on the fence until I pulled the trigger. The gator shoe may be the best part. It's the right width, has good texture for tactile feedback, and looks sharp.

In short I like it. I'm not a paid shill for BnA, just a regular ass dude who shoots alot. Will I go through and replace all of my TT Diamonds with BnA Tac Sport Pro's..... maybe.... probably more than likely all of my match rifles. My hunting / fun guns will continue to wear the mix of TT Diamonds and Specials I run. If you are putting a build together from scratch, I'd say give it a hard look. You won't go wrong with either a TT or BnA trigger, but so far I'm really liking the BnA.

Cheers

I've been running a Tac Sport Pro X w / Gator Shoe for about 3 months now. Im running my trigger on my PRS rifle, a Triggered Precision Machine built Terminus Zeus / Brux / 6BRA. So far I have 4 matches and around 1200 rounds through the trigger and I love it. I run light triggers on my PRS guns (8-10 oz) and came from running a TT Diamond in that weight range for several years. Here is what I have noticed:

#1 - The break is more crisp. I have tens of thousands of rounds through Diamonds and know the trigger pull profile like the back of my hand. It is predictable and repeatable, but it has more of a "roll" feel compared to the BnA. I have my BnA set at 8 ounces and the pull is truly like a glass rod breaking. There is zero creep, zero roll and it is very repeatable. Even with an 8 ounce trigger, I have zero issue prepping my finger on the trigger prior to breaking the shot in a match. Its important to note, I never noticed this characteristic with the TT Diamond until I shot it side by side my BnA. It's subtle, but definitely noticeable by other shooters who play with the rifles as well.

#2 - The sear adjustment is great. I like to run light triggers as mentioned above so I want to make sure I have good sear contact an never have a slam fire, or AD. It took all of 5 minutes to go through the adjustment process and I havent touched the trigger. I drop tested the living shit out of it and ran the rifle hard at a team match last weekend. Never had an issue.

#3 - So far it has proven to be reliable. This was a concern at first. I was hesitant to ditch the TT Diamond on my primary rifle simply because it has been so damn reliable. We get a mixture of snow, rain, ice, mud, moon dust and a whole bunch of other nasty stuff at our matches and the BnA has had no problems.

#4 - I REALLY like the gator shoe. I was given the trigger to test out and holy crap I was on the fence until I pulled the trigger. The gator shoe may be the best part. It's the right width, has good texture for tactile feedback, and looks sharp.

In short I like it. I'm not a paid shill for BnA, just a regular ass dude who shoots alot. Will I go through and replace all of my TT Diamonds with BnA Tac Sport Pro's..... maybe.... probably more than likely all of my match rifles. My hunting / fun guns will continue to wear the mix of TT Diamonds and Specials I run. If you are putting a build together from scratch, I'd say give it a hard look. You won't go wrong with either a TT or BnA trigger, but so far I'm really liking the BnA.

Cheers
so if you had a choice of a TT diamond for 244 and a TSP for 267, you'd spend the extra $20 for the TSP?