• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bix'n Andy Trigger explanation.

Defender32

Whiskey & Hammers Help
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 28, 2020
    West KY
    I just swapped my TT Diamond flat SS for a Bix'n Andy TacSport 2 stage. It is going in my RimX so I needed the Low .36 Seer for it and I wanted the flat shoe. I bought it from Short Action Precision. When I removed the 3 side plate screws & got the plate off there was a TINY spring and detent ball laying inside the trigger assembly. I had know idea where it went. I proceeded to replace the parts and call Bullet Central. Ely or Evan called me back the next morning an explained where those parts went and that they were not necessary for the trigger to work. The just took up a little side to side play in the trigger shoe. I had searched Google and Youtube without finding anything that talked about or showed those parts. I'll upload my YouTube video I made showing it. Hope this helps someone else out.

How do you compare the two? I've seen some really bad sear engagement on the TT's in Origin's that caused some really gross bolt lift. Haven't played with comparing TT/Bix on the RimX though.

I have only dry fired it about 30 or 40 times. It feels great. The over travel/ soft wall after the break is nice. I think my bolt lift & close is a little lighter but it didn't bother me before. I was having Lots of FTF in extreme cold on my RimX. Ray said it was seer engagement drag. It was minor but he sent me a new firing pin spring assembly anyways. Fifer ran flawless this past weekend in 18* weather. Ray also said he has seen plenty of the TT were the seer was out of spec on the .38 seer enough to cause the issue on RimX but not on another action. RimXis based off of a low .36 seer. I will be able to shoot it tomorrow after work and know more about my feelings on it after that.

Reactions: littlepod
    My friend is running a Bix 2-stage tac sport pro with the low sear and is starting to get some FTF recently. Did you swap out the firing pin spring assembly? He's wondering what to do.

I would contact Ray @ Zermatt. He might need a new assembly. He might also need to adjust the seer engagement on the trigger?? He might have that set to low. I adjusted min out until it would not reset the firing pin. Then I made 1/8" turns until it caught and added 1/4 turn after that. it seemed to fall with force.

Reactions: littlepod
    The over travel/ soft wall after the break is nice.
    To each his own I guess, but I thought that was the only bad thing about this trigger. Well, that and the flat shoe needs something besides that grade school engineered hook at the bottom for indexing.