• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BL C(2) in the AR?

Re: BL C(2) in the AR?

Its ok, since its a ball powder it meters really easy and you can load a lot fast...however I found that to get any decent velocity and reliable cycling, I had to run the max book load to get the necks to seal and bolt to lock back, out of a 16" 1/9 twist carbine.

I have used H322 with great results with a 55 gr FMJ. H322 is small kernal and flows very well, burns clean, and gave the best velocity from everything from a HK53 with an 8.5 in Bbl to a 20 in A2 Bbl. Only takes around 23 grains or so. I do not have or remember the charge right now. A side note, it cycled the HK the smoothest of all the other loads I tried or any fatory/surplus ammo. You have to be careful with the roller locked guns as they require quite specific loads for the locking piece they have. The 53 especially. But if you tune the loads and bullet weights to the locking piece, or vice versa, you will love it. H322 Runs really smooth in AR's too.

So yeah, H322 gets my vote. Its an Extreme powder too, so it should be fairley temp stable. Which is good to have if your rifle ends up liking the load on the edge. And you save about 4 grains a charge, so the price is a wash when compared to loaded rounds vs price per pound. Blc2 is usally a little cheaper.

I've done it, BLC2 is a little slow for the 55's and instead works much better for the 68-80gr bullets. I have burned through several jugs of BLC2 shooting heavy bullets in a 223.

I use H335 for the stuff under 65gr, around 25.0gr is a decent load that seems to cycle all of the AR's I've loaded for and it shoots fine.

My per varmint load in the .223 Rem is BL-C(2) and a 50 gr TNT bullet in Remington brass with Fed 205M primer. My JP Enterprises upper shoots these in some tiny groups and it frags varmints very well. I have not had any problems out to 350 yards with it on critters.

Some of best results accuracy wise have been with 25.5g BLC-2 and 55g Nosler Ballistic Tips. (LC cases / BR4 primers)

Never chrono'd it but it but was very happy with its group size considering they were thrown charges.