• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black AICS with Tan Action???

mioduz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
i have finished my most recent 308 build. Black AICS 2.0 with a Badger M2008. Everything is still in the white and I am leaning toward doing a nitride coating/treatment.
I think black nitride is great and all but I have sooo many black rifles I wanted to get something different. I read about the "new" tan nitride process and am thinking about going this route.
Does anyone have any pictures of TAN barrel and action in a Black AICS stock? This is kind of the opposite of the norm I know with alot of AICS having tan Skins with black action

Re: Black AICS with Tan Action???

18e82a16.jpg

yeah i like it, sadly the skins are getting painted to match my other AI and the bolt is pulled out at the moment getting fluted

aa77cfe3.jpg

Nitride is a surface hardener and supposedly extends barrel life

BigJoe said:
yeah i like it, sadly the skins are getting painted to match my other AI and the bolt is pulled out at the moment getting fluted

aa77cfe3.jpg
[/quote

I like the arctic silver snappy box...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone loves that tool box </div></div>

i have the same one
wink.gif