• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Beauty

BAT_Boy

critter_bill
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2005
Williamston, SC
FedEx dropped off my new toy this morning at 1000 hours. Thanks to Chad of LongRifles, Inc, Jon of Beanland Custom Rifles, and Santa of the North Pole, Christmas came early for me this year.

Introducing, Black Beauty:

Vault.jpg

Rubi.jpg

LongRiflesInc.jpg

40X.jpg

IMG_1162Large.jpg

Build Specs:

Remington 40X, Single Shot, Trued
David Kiff, PTG, 22RF Bolt
Jewell HVR Trigger
Mark Chanlynn Medium Palma Barrel, 22LR, 24.5" Length from Recoil Lug
LongRifles,Inc Stainless Steel Recoil Lug
Badger Ordnance M4 Bottom Metal, Custom Repair
Badger Ordnance High 30mm Rings
Murphy Precision 20moa Base
McMillan A-5 Stock, SS Pillars, Bedded, Black Texture SW Polane-T Paint
Harris 6-9" Swivel Bipod w/KMW PodLok
Metal Black CeraKote by Beanland Custom Rifles
NF NXS 5.5-22x56mm Mildot Scope

Work in Process photos courtesy of LongRifle,Inc.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2164318&page=1

Thanks so much Chad for a great build. You've been great to work with. And thank you, Jon, for your outstanding work as well.

Re: Black Beauty

Very nice! Chad does outstanding work! I'm sure you will love it!

Thanks, guys. Chad Dixon does awesome work and is a blast to deal with. Hope to get to shoot this baby next week.

Man ugly rifle.... you should send it to me so you dont have to be seen with it...

You guys make it so hard to save any kind of money you know that.

I appreciate the nice comments. I've had a number of custom builds in the last twenty years but never had one with the build documented from start to finish. Chad enclosed a photo CD with pictures of each process and a spec sheet that listed critical dimensions and inspection data. Outstanding attention to detail. Chad Dixon is the real deal.

<span style="color: #3366FF">22x Nightforce on that badboy... I love it!</span>

The older I get, the more I try to simplify. I like stuff that works and NF works for me. I ran Leupolds for years, then had a few S&Bs, but couldn't afford them for all my rifles, so I sold all my optics and went with NF NXS...all Mildot MOA. Keeping it simple.
wink.gif

That is the coolest trainer Ive ever seen!

you stated that it has Badger Bottom Metal yet its a single shot 22lr... Am i missing something
confused.gif

It is a beatiful rifle BTW
smile.gif

if you read the build thread, it says he had one laying around and needed a trigger guard so he got chad to repair it so it stays shut since it's doesn't need to open.

What a well thought out trainer. I am excited to see your range report. Chad Dixon is turning up in more and more threads I have been reading lately.

wow thats a lot of scope for a 22lr. great choice but wow.

the rifle is SO nice someday i'll build a 40x very nice

Once again, thanks for the kind words on my rifle build. I did make it to the range last week but did not have any Eley ammo to try. Chad used an Eley reamer on this barrel. I only took Wolf and Federal with me to shoot at 100 yards. The Wolf agged 1.34" for (8) 5 shot groups with quite a bit of vertical and the Federal agged 1.26" with vertical as well.

I'm sure that the rifle is capable of much better with true Match ammo. But, it was built as a trainer and not a BR rig. This rimfire is a whole new game but should be fun.

You should be able to agg sub-MOA with that rifle with a touch better ammo. 1 1/4" is damned close. A little more time with the rifle might help as well.

Rimfires are fun but puzzling. I still haven't obtained any premium ammo but so far the best agg and individual group came with Federal Champion....Agged 1.20" with a single best 5 shot group of 0.50" at 100 yards. Part of this could be breaking the barrel in as well. I'm having fewer WTF? flyers now. I'll post again after I have wrung it out a bit more.

oh I like. I just got a 40x and love it.

You should do the rimfire tac match at the top of the rimfire thread. lots of fun. and keep a couple of extra targets just for screwing around.

Regards,
DT

Were you using Wolf Match Target or Match Extra?The Match Extra is usually better.Anybody who puts a NightForce on a .22LR is my hero.By the way,Are you hiring?

Well, color me Jealous! Very nice looking rifle. Did you start with a complete 40X or with a parts/donor action?

Checking in as the proud new owner of Black Beauty. Bill (BAT_BOY) provided me the opportunity to learn and be a part of this rifle’s history.

Reactions: BAT_Boy