• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Collar Arms MBA

Aaros143

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2013
Austin, TX
Looks pretty interesting. Straight pull bolt, AR-10 mags, AR-10 Handguard and AR-10 barrel just without the gas port. Just wished the stock folded to capture the bolt.

Reactions: RedDirtRifleman
Yeah I'm digging that to. I'd dig a Geissele SSA-E in it. Where to find an AR-10 barrel without a gas port might be a challenge.

There was a video out in another thread saying to reverse the gas block in krder to block the opening….

Price is around $2500 according to the video as well.

I'm wondering how the price breaks down. I really just want the action. I'd prefer to select all my other parts.

I'm wondering how the price breaks down. I really just want the action. I'd prefer to select all my other parts.
Thats what I want to know as well. I would rather select everything in pieces because my wife is still a little ticked at me buying a Cross with no notice.

Yeah I'm digging that to. I'd dig a Geissele SSA-E in it. Where to find an AR-10 barrel without a gas port might be a challenge.
Black Collar claims most custom barrel makers they talk to will happily omit the gas port if you ask. Then there’s the clocked gas block option for production barrels.

Thats what I want to know as well. I would rather select everything in pieces because my wife is still a little ticked at me buying a Cross with no notice.
And I'm hoping they come up with a stock option that folds to capture the bolt handle

Definitely filling a gap in the the market with other straight-pulls being actions like the Blaser R8 ($$$$), the Savage Impulse, or old Mil like the K31.
No affiliation, just interested. Under the reserve option menu, they have "undecided, rifle, pistol, build kit" listed. Elsewhere on the site, they list the Build kit is all the proprietary parts from BCA so you can custom out the rest, but then it lists the Build Kit as "80%" in the Reserve page. I'm hoping that's not a 80% lower and what they mean that it is a complete receiver, and bolt carrier, where you have to source the rest. The folding stock they have on their videos shows a minimalized/skeletonized stock folding left, so no bolt capture. I think the biggest thing they still have to figure out is the straight-pull cam lever that initiates unlocking of the bolt face, primary extraction, and cocking the AR-15 hammer, then upon closing cams the action closed. That cam better be robust so it can tolerate being run hard, not jam the action if short stroked, or survive the torture an action takes with a stuck case.
TFB has a SHOT show interview video on the MPA as well. The guy stated they were the only ones in the industry with a opening cam on a bolt action, I'm hoping the context was "in a straight-pull action". Otherwise he needs to go visit Ted over at American Rifle Company and talk about the Archimedes and Coup De Grace.
Really interested in a 16" Rifle .375 Raptor build in this. We'll see if they can meet their forecasted production timelines and cost?