• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Hills 300 WM 190SMK load? opinions?

MikeeBooshay

Recoil Sponge
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Houston TX and Hackberry LA
Just finishing up a 300 WM build, going to need a bunch of 300 WM to feed it. I have had very good success with the Fed Premium barnes stuff, but was thinking about trying the Black Hills 190 match ammo. I'd sure love to hear thoughts and opinions but MAINLY your actual experience with these. Good consistency, bad groups, etc. I'll probably buy a batch and try it anyway, but if someone here says they had a batch that wasn't very consistent froma velocity standpoint, I'll spend more time with the chrono than usual, which is little, unless I am having issues.

No time to work up reloads, work is extremely busy these days. Thanks for THAT advice, but not reality right now.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Black Hills 300 WM 190SMK load? opinions?

I've had good and consistent results from Black Hills using the 190 grain rounds.

Cut

I have had very good and very consistent accuracy from both the BH and FGMM 190gr 300WM offerings. For factory match ammo, these two options prettymuch set the bar.

Actually though, in thinking about it if I were you I would contact ChadTRG42 from Dallas Reloads here on the hide. I'm sure he would be able to put together a very accurate and consistent "generic" load that would be much cheaper than either the BH or FGMM. His ammo has always turned out excellent.

I've shot Cor-Bon, FGMM and BH all 190gr loads out of my factory AWM. It all shot very well. I personally prefer the Cor-Bon because it shot very well and was the least expensive of the 3. I've always had great luck with it, just something else to consider. I ran all of it over the chrono and it was all very close.

What rifle is it for, and what bullet would you prefer to shoot? I can send you some 300WM test loads or work up a load for you. Let me know.
Thanks!

Chad