• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Is Beautiful

x ring accuracy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Parrish, Fl.
www.xringaccuracy.com
I am sure the gods will get me for this......I took a brand new McM A5 adj along with an action I trued, a new trigger and a MTU S.S. barrel and painted them ALL black : ).
100_2555.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

I will post a range report asap.

Re: Black Is Beautiful

What ever floats your boat.....

While I kinda liked it the original way, the black is ok. Did you at least use a quality coating?

I like it, but I also liked the original paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it, but I also liked the original paint.</div></div>

Its a molded in finish, not paint.

Wow! Now thats a gutsy move how long did you debate with your conscience over that one

i like it. i think the camo stuff has been a bit played out by now. most of us aren't hiding from anything. i have and have had camo rifles but now it's solid colors. green stock and black metal.

I think it looks good, I always get a kick out of the comments about a paint job sticking out. You're shooting it at a range not Iraq.

Black is rough out here in the desert. Leave that thing in the sun for a while, you'll just about burn your face on the stock!

I did a black chick once.... I agree, black is beautiful, that stock... meh.

Shoulda kept the camo.

Hell with the way it looks, what we need to be talking about is how it shoots. By the looks of your shots in the pic, i wouldn't care if it was pink with purple pok-a-dots. Good shooting.

What is the load you are shooting? I have a .308 being turned into a 6X47L. How do you like the caliber so far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what scope is that? </div></div>

guessing IOR

I like all black rifles, like my mini 14, ar and numerous othher guns in the safe

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMLnDuzgkjo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMLnDuzgkjo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That stock now looks 10 times better.

I never understood the asinine concept of camo paint that you'll never need.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">For the 2% of people who use their firearms in situations that camo makes a difference, great, rattle can that junk all over your gear. </span>

For the rest, I laugh a little everytime I see your camo jobs hanging on the wall next to the un-uglified ARs and bolt guns, with a $100 price discount because no one wants it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock now looks 10 times better.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">For the 2% of people who use their firearms in situations that camo makes a difference, great, rattle can that junk all over your gear. </span>

For the rest, I laugh a little everytime I see your camo jobs hanging on the wall next to the un-uglified ARs and bolt guns, with a $100 price discount because no one wants it. </div></div>

For thousands of years men have been decorating their toys even without practical application as they see fit whether it’s their vehicle, their uniform, their weapon or their woman for that matter. Is that asinine? Perhaps. Perhaps you should ask a billion of your ancestors also. People are giving their like/dislike opinions it has nothing to do with whether it shoots or not. It would appear that it shoots well but then again the pic is a single group cutout cropped target that we can’t see the rest of and also with limited information about shooting conditions distance, etc. so we have to surmise it appears to be an extremely accurate shooter. Also you miss the point that he did not take a stock and "ugly-fi" it, he modified what was existing to his own taste as so it is exactly the same thing.

Not that theres anything wrong with the original camo, but i think the new color looks nicer. Just looks cleaner.

I have seen very little in the way of camo jobs that I actually admire, but then is it really supposed to be beautiful?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock now looks 10 times better.

For the rest, I laugh a little everytime I see your camo jobs hanging on the wall next to the un-uglified ARs and bolt guns, with a $100 price discount because no one wants it.</div></div>

Yes, let's not paint it ANY color at all. Let's leave all the materials in their natural state whether it be stainless, blued, or a combination of sanded down filler, epoxy and fiberglass. That way, it's so neutral that there are no complaints.

It always cracks me up when I see black rifles. I guess the shooters never shoot during the middle of the day in the desert with the sun beating down on their rifles for a couple of hours. Black would be my first choice in that situation. I like looking like Freddy Kruger.

I'll stick with my rattle can Krylon job that no one will buy.

I have owned 2 black bolt rifles in the past 5 years...Guess who owns them now?....Woody, you wanna take a crack at this one?
smile.gif

great point mike, thats why in the desert I wrap tinfoil around my gat, along with the rattle can artwork. I have extra tin foil left over from my tinfoil hats and it works splendidly