• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Rain Ordnance AR-15

TravisP

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
Missouri
Was wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts/experience with the Black Rain Ordnance Ar-15-s. I am terrible about studying/researching anything before purchasing until today. I went to a gun shop and they are a dealer for black rain ordnance and after looking at this rifle for a very long time, I walked out with it. Hope I made a good choice. Seems very well put together but have not heard a great deal about them. New company I think. It is 223 wylde with 1-8 twist and has a lifetime guarantee, and is wicked looking. Its also made in missouri and recently I have really been trying to spend my hard earned money with local or at least in-state businesses. Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

Re: Black Rain Ordnance AR-15

They make a good rifle and have some killer dipped finishes, I shot against alot of the their guys at a 3 gun state match. All seamed like good ppl

I absolutely love their upper/lower combo. I wasn't sold on the rails(not that they were bad, just a different build in mind). I'll post pics soon

l.jpg

l.jpg

Trying on the new glass at Sportmans warehouse. I love the BR, I used their upper, lower, and charging handle. Everything else I spared no expense on what i wanted this gun for. hope ya like it

they are very nicely finished...but i try to buy forged over billit in ar's. one of my friends has one of the "dipped" ones and its neat looking.

Nice looking weapon Badlands. Since posting last night on here I have found reviews on the Black Rain stuff and havent heard a negative thing yet. Not shot mine yet, hate having to work for a living. Love the look, feel and features of my Black rain so I will soon see on the shooting part. Thanks for the comments.

I have two; one in electrolus nickle SBR'd with three additional uppers i built 7.5,12,16" and Fde camo in 300 whisper dip is not as durable as i would prefer but very little wear anyway. the fit and finish are outstanding and with noveske barrels extremely accurate; I have larue, colt, and sabre defense,of these would still pick the Black Rain. How ever since i live in missouri and these are made in Nevada, mo they are more readily avail around here which helps

So the barrels are made by noveske? Thats good. I live in South Central Missouri and there is a new gun shop in my area that has recently become a BR dealer. I purchased one that he had but he stated that he could pretty much get anything in a short amount of time from BR. Like spending my money close to home. I thought they were made in Neosho. I have the 16 inch norguard finish. Sweet looking. Everything on the gun is blacked out except the barrel, upper and lower. When I put some dark earth rail covers on it, it will look even better. Already starting to save for another one. My wife and I are both ex army and she really likes the new BR. I sold her M4 bushmaster to help pay for BR. Maybe santa will send money for another.