• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Blackberry-esque; Off-grid encrypted messaging devices

Oh. Well shit. I'm sorry about that. I guess I made quite a few assumptions, and somehow missed the bit about the custom firmware... I figured you were focused on trying to sell a nice hardware package for the Meshtastic project, and was answering what you could do with that today.

In retrospect talking about the CLI was very dumb. I often forget how most regular people are quite averse to terminal commands.

All that said, I would probably be interested in buying a few if it's a T-Deck with GPS added and in a nice case.

All good totally understand 🙃 Just wanted to clarify so we can keep the listing and explanations as simple as possible for the end users sake

I encourage collaboration and help with like minded individuals as yourself. We just have to be on the same page from the get go so the thread stays tame and uncomplicated; confusion due to complexity can cause disinterest. Plus I don't want to hoard the for sale thread section lol.

The custom firmware is already done. There are just differences from this firmware, and I don't want to refer meshtastic too often to avoid confusion.

Meshtasic firmware is a viable option but the chat capabilities won't be as enjoyable. And we both know that's what this devices use case is 😁

I'll be placing an order for 50+ shortly and I already have 30 boxes of 3d printing filament. I'll be using a higher end Prusa printer.

3000 mah battery instead of the 500mah in these listed devices; Do to the GPS and screen consumption. The 18650 version will be slightly different but will appease those that want the removable quick swap option. I'll keep this listing updated as parts come in.

I will be posting photos of the 18650 case design and easy access battery door to make sure everyone likes the latching mechanism.

Thank you for your response; your reply was awesome 👊

Reactions: mettee
Can you share more about your custom firmware? Is it a modified version of that other software I was talking about or something entirely new? Is it open source? Do you already have the neat "Bluetooth style pairing" implemented?

Can you share more about your custom firmware? Is it a modified version of that other software I was talking about or something entirely new? Is it open source? Do you already have the neat "Bluetooth style pairing" implemented?

Bluetooth style pairing for sure, the Network infrastructure, encryption workings create plenty of similarities which makes things easier since there is already a decent knowledge base on other Lora based firmwares.

The user interface; navigation menus, more advanced chat, characters like emojis, modes, won't be the same but implemented on the custom firmware.

Sending way points in chat, sharing location, and live gps proximity to other devices will be similar. Sound will be implemented. And I may integrate a vibrating paging motor if it's not too difficult with this circuit board.

Reactions: mettee
But, this guy might be talking to someone hundreds or thousands of miles away.
Or maybe it’s a directional antenna and he is doing a foxhunt?

It still looks funny though. Haha
That is either a fox & hound hunt or something is throwing trash out and it dicking up his ability to Rx or Tx. Using a AM radio its easy to track down the culprit with a yagi antenna. Once you get real close where the null is being over powered, all you do is tune the receiver off freq a little and keep tracking.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Update:

Tonight ive concluded the 3d printed cases will be temporary for the first month or two. Those profits will be going into CNC machining a Delrin thermoplastic case for the device. I've already spoke to the business that will be doing this.

Depending on how much it costs to have it made; Anyone who bought a device will get hooked up with the upgrade at my cost and not a penny more; if they choose to.

If you choose to send it in for the upgrade. I won't charge labor and mail it back to you free and fully insured.

I remember how much I admired the Cheely Custom gun works Delrin magwell insert on their 2011 pistol grips and how fine and precise the Machining was done. Durable enough to withstand slamming stainless mags into it countless times over. Should make for a tough sleek case.

Here are few examples of iPhone protective covers made with Delrin.

20120115-1924111.jpg20120115-192823.jpg

Last edited: