• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blackhawk axiom vs. B&C A2 stock for rem700 308

PLATOONS8

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2009
I just bougth a remington 700 sps 308 with the light barrel. I want to replace the stock with something that has a more vertical grip for 200-400 dollars. I would like to keep it below 300 if possible. I am on the verge of ordering either a blackhawk axiom U/L or a B&C A2. Any ideas or suggestions? Does anyone have either of these? I will be doing a ton of target shooting and a little hunting.

Thank you.

Re: Blackhawk axiom vs. B&C A2 stock for rem700 308

I would definitely go with the bell and carlson, hands down. They are a great stock, dont know much about the Blackhawk, but given that their primary market is tactical gear(mag pouches,packs,vests, etc) i wouldnt put much faith in their new rifle stock. Kinda outta their products list. Thats just my opinion

I have had an axiom under a Howa. It is not a bad stock for hunting, but is NOT a precision rifle stock.

The recoil reduction system does work to some degree, but the M4 style butt is reduculous.

I would go with a B&C. Also consider the new Choate Tactical (but stay away from the "Ultimate Sniper Stock")

The Blackhawk stocks are made by KNOXX which Blackhawk recently purchased.

I do not like the feel of the Axiom. But then again I am not a fan of Knoxx stocks.

I love the B&C Light Tactical that I have on my 700. It's very similar in feel to the McMillan HTG with a little higher comb.

I have a 24" light barrel on my sps. Does the B%C fit to a light barrel?

The B&C LT has a channel for the Sendero/Varmint contour. There will be quite a bit of space left in most "tactical" stocks if you are keeping the sporter barrel.

Also stressed about inexpensive upgrade s.a. remington stock. The magpul 700 is looking good for the price. All our family uses magpul for ar.
Never got a bad product from them.
Any suggestions or experience would be welcome .

I've used the blackhawk stock before and it was very unnatural feeling, it wouldn't be my recommendation.