• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Blackhawk Extended Picatinny 20 MOA Base

scsims

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2013
Central, KY
I bought a Blackhawk extended picatinny base for my son's Savage Model 10 .308. It says it's for a Savage Model 10 (Accutrigger). His rifle didn't have the accutrigger, does anyone know if it will fit? Can't seem to find any info on this. Of course I know I can just try it but this is for a Christmas present and with youth deer season this weekend I'm not going to pull his scope and mounts off to try it.

Early Savage actions have a flat back.
I believe with the introduction of the Accutrigger trigger also came the round back action.
I don't think it will fit but as you already have the base, take quick look at it and the action. It should be fairly obvious without removing the scope and rings if it will, or won't fit.

IMG_20131009_190014.jpg

IMG_20131009_190236.jpg

Last edited:
Can you explain what I'm looking for exactly? Does anyone have a picture? I bought this gun new about a year ago if that helps.

Great thanks, I have pics below as well. So it looks like it has the round action so if should work I'm thinking.