• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Blackhawk XIPHOS tac lite? Any good?

10thMTN155

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
Wardak, Province, Afghanistan
I don't know a thing about this tac-lite, except for it's not a Sure Fire X300. Does anyone have any experience with it. The reason I ask is because I like Serpa holsters, but they only make one to fit with this light and none others....funny how that happened...

Re: Blackhawk XIPHOS tac lite? Any good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10thMTNFSO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's not a Sure Fire X300</div></div>

Is there really anything else you <span style="font-style: italic">need</span> to know?
wink.gif

A couple of guys on my team have been using them for several months now and they haven't complained of any issues with them. I'm not a fan and my X300 works great so I don't have any personal experience.

Seems like a low lumen output for the money and good luck finding a holster made for them. If you don't want to pay for an X300 then go the Streamlight TLR-1s route.

Only that light on the Serpa? What? What pistol is that for?

Look at Raven Concealment or Kaluban Cloak. I have a raven and kaluban, but prefer the Kaluban. You will wait a little while, but it's well worth it. Invest in the surefire and a good kydex holster and never look back!!

I use the Blackhawk and haven't had any problems with it. It works reliably and is bright as hell. The strobe is pretty much worthless but other than that I like it. I'm not a big fan of the SERPA but I don't have any other choice.

I use the Serpa light holster and Xiphos combo for patrol and have had no problems. I hunted around for a while and got them both for around $220.

I just asked this question on another forum and had several well respected members (LEO's and SOF) state the durability is questionable. They also mentioned the lower lumen rating than the SF. I am willing to bet the X300 fits in a Serpa. This is why I asked originally as I could not find an X300 Serpa for my shiny new TLE II RL.

The SERPA will only work with the Xiphos...that's why they made it. It sits off to the side as the serpa mechanism needs to engage the front of the trigger guard.

Both that light and that holster are to be avoided.

i use the streamlight m3x for last @7 years changed bulb once been a great light. i use a surefire 8x aluminum body light with old push tail-cap that is just rubber pushing batt into contacts and love it. the problem is the upfront cost of surefire i love em just cant afford em. the m3x if still made has been a champ for me. also has more lumen output than tlr series.