• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

blackhole weaponry .264lbc barrels. Yay or Nay

sweetbeard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
Every person I talk too locally would not touch a blackhole weaponry barrel with a 10 foot pole.

But I think they have just had bad experiences in the past with the quality of their barrels.

I have read thru some of the posts with guys using the .264lbc barrels and being happy with them, but I don't want to crap in their threads.. I want one because Alexander Arms has that funky thread pitch they are using..

Would you buy a current production blackhole weaponry .264lbc barrel and should it be sub MOA?

Re: blackhole weaponry .264lbc barrels. Yay or Nay

I have an older barrel, its excellent, shoots sub moa, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another from him. I would say the newer barrels are a a little better because the bolt used is the same as those used on other LBC or Grendels barrels.

I got one with a recent 6.5 group buy. The chamber was not sized correctly and it would not eject. The group buy builder fixed the issue. It shoots great now.

I think Noveske is building 6.5 barrels on request.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snow Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got one with a recent 6.5 group buy. The chamber was not sized correctly and it would not eject. The group buy builder fixed the issue. It shoots great now.

I think Noveske is building 6.5 barrels on request.</div></div>

Still looks like a gamble when you are buying one of these..

I got a wildcat 6.5mm AR barrel from BHW, shoots well but there are aspects of that barrel I'm not real crazy about.

I'd get a Satern, Short Action Customs, or Brux over the BHW at this time.

FCS what aspects of the barrel are you not crazy about. I had looked at other manufacturers,(satern was still only making 6.5 Grendel back then, so that left only left Les Baer and I believe ARperformance. Unfortunately I couldn't get the specs I was looking for, I wanted a 18 inch mid-lenght with a 1 8" twist. BHW was able to provide what I wanted.

I would say "Yay"

I've used BHW barrels on several builds (one of which was a 264) and have been very happy with their quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snow Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got one with a recent 6.5 group buy. The chamber was not sized correctly and it would not eject. The group buy builder fixed the issue. It shoots great now.

I think Noveske is building 6.5 barrels on request.</div></div>

Still looks like a gamble when you are buying one of these..

</div></div>

Very recent issues....

I've got a buddy that just bought a .30 cal barrel that is gonna get returned with a relatively disapointed letter. The barrel looks great but the threads are WAY NOT GOOD.

I can't speak about any details, but I know one thing for sure is that the threads are off bad enough that a typical flash suppressor won't even thread on.

Take that for what it's worth, but I know he's bummed bad and his is going back to get fixed or replaced.

Let me clarify, BHW barrels' bores are just fine and shoot well <span style="font-weight: bold">when</span> they work. They have quality issues with the chambering, alignment, and specifications. Barrels received are rarely in the the configuration ordered and they do not supply headspaced bolts (not so much a problem with 556, but the 6.5's it becomes an issue). I've seen 6.5 barrels marked 264 on chamber end and 556 on gas block end. They seem to have issues with gas system length and threaded or not (issues filing order as ordered).

I've watched my buddy at SD go absolutely crazy trying to make things right for customers, and that's why they currently don't use BHW.

BHW has had ALOT of issues, just do your research. Satern is where I would spend my money but I thought they stopped selling individual barrels. Give Les Baer a try as I am sure they have great sub MOA barrels for the grendel crowd.

I've seen it both ways. My bro-in-law has one in 556 and it shoots great, but a friend of mine has one in 264 lbc and the chamber was very messed up and trying to get them to replace it was even a bigger hassle. I would pass...

THX for all the input, I just bought a Saturn 6.5 from my buddy who bought some extras when they where blowing them out.

best part is I got it for $225

decision made I guess.

I bought one locally and I have more trouble with that thing than any other barrel I have ever used. The damn thing just don't shoot. The norm with FGGM Southwest match Black Hills match and hand loads is about 1 1/2"-2". I have about 200 rounds down it I guess I'll call and find out what I have to do to get the chamber checked.

Dont get me started...

My experience with the Black Hole Weaponry .264lb that is that they will not stand behind their crappy product.

My local dealer (Quinten Defense) sold one to me and installed it on one of their fine uppers. At first the barrel seemed fine but after maybe 40 rounds (with the same ammo) the bullets started "key hole-ing" WtF?!

I took the rifle back to Quinten Defense and they tried to figure out what was going on. They even took the time to shoot it and try and determine the cause of the problem. Quinten D tried several times to consult with BH and they wouldn't even return their call.

In my opinion if you are thinking about buying a BH barrel your taking a huge chance that you purchased a turd and you will be on your own unless you purchase from a stand up dealer.

+1
Please buy from a company that will back up their product, answer the phone, and try to take care of their customers. I ordered a barrel from bunghole weaponry a year ago and have yet to see it.

Chatter on crown, muzzle not threaded with threads requested, just little things. Barrel shoots pretty decent but knowing what I know now, I'd go with somebody else for 264LBC/6.5 Grendel/AR barrel in 6.5mm.

The barrels Specialized Dynamics is using on their builds now are the cat's ass!

They did call me back today and gave me a fed-ex number to send it back. We will see how this goes I don't really have high expectations. I should just order an upper from Scott.

As should anyone that's interested in a shooter
wink.gif

Thanks guys, as you know I won't bash anyone on a public forum, but I do use different barrels now and can get them in a timely matter.

If anyone needs info or help, please let me know!

Can you share what barrels / blanks that SD uses now for 264 LBC?

Thanks

Good thing I read this before I put my order in. I have been hearing mixed things about them but nothing as recent as this stuff and I rather not gamble on a barrel. Now to find another place for a decently priced lr-308 20" black threaded heavy barrel...

I guess I got lucky, I bought one from scott @ SD 2 years ago and its sub moa.

Thanks to a great deal of feedback from customers and dealers, Black Hole Weaponry has been undergoing some major retooling over the summer. This has allowed us to respond quickly to questions and comments. Production is also way up with the introduction of more staff and machinery.

Many of the slips in Quality control were due to a lack of people on hand and a HUGE influx of orders among other pratfalls. The BHW team has grown from a 4 person operation as of this spring, to now to a 13 person crew as we look to hire on about 6 more in the near future to take on the demand of some of our dealers.

If anyone is having<span style="font-weight: bold"> any</span> issue with their barrel, we have a no questions asked replacement policy. We ask that our customers contact us and we will provide them with our personal shipping number so they can return their barrel to us at no expense to them and we will replace it.

The Direct email to our <span style="font-weight: bold">ordering department</span>: [email protected]

The Direct email to our <span style="font-weight: bold">Shop Foreman and the man to answer your questions</span>: [email protected]

For the<span style="font-weight: bold"> accounting Department</span>: [email protected]

By telephone:<span style="text-decoration: underline">
509-793-5374
</span>509-760-5703

I cannot stress the importance of your feedback. We strongly encourage you to get in contact with us if there is ANY reason your barrel or one of your friends' is malfunctioning. Carl, our founder and owner believes in Safety first. He is on site nearly every day during our working hours and many times long after.

You can also leave us a message on our forum and we will get back to you: The Black Hole Weaponry Forum

Best regards,

Krystin @ BHW

I have had great experience with BHW with their 5.56 and .308 barrels.

Well my rifle is together now and so far the barrel is great, will out shoot me with factory hornady.