• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Precision and Wild Call Customs

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    It seems that the boys in Columbia Falls, Montana are at it again. I was breezing around gun websites and found the new one Mike Bush had talked about in the past, but I now see it has come to fruition. The website is WildCall Custom Rifles | Custom Hunting Rifles | Montana If I am looking at the specs correctly it seems that they are also coming out with their own receiver - WCCR - which I assume stands for Wild Call Customs Receiver. By looking at the site it seems it is pretty new. It does have a couple pictures of the new hunting rifles. Does anybody know if they have started cranking out rifles yet? By the pics they seems to be pretty cool.

I've got a rifle done by Wild Call aka Mike Bush aka BlackOps Precision. I tell everyone it's a BlackOps rifle because frankly, I had no idea Wild Call existed until the day I received my completed rifle back from Mike. I sent him a 1957 pre-64 winny action for a complete makeover. Bartlein barrel, mcmillan htg, action truing, you name it I got it. All of my correspondence was through Underground Skunkworks when they were transitioning to BlackOps Precision. I just assumed either UGSW or BlackOps would be the name put on the barrel. Even the invoice I received had the Skunkworks name on it.

The day I received the rifle, I noticed the Wild Call name on the barrel. Did a little reading to find out it was owned and operated by the same people at UGSW/BlackOps. Never really thought much more about it because the rifle is a frickin laser beam and a pleasure to shoot. Oh and the fit and finish is so top notch, the rifle looks photoshopped in person.

Oh and the fit and finish is so top notch, the rifle looks photoshopped in person.
    Every rifle I have gotten from Mike, two so far, have been beyond my expectations in both accuracy and fit and finish. I have two favorite gunsmiths that I keep going back to over and over - Mike Bush and Mark Gordon. They make top notch rifles and are great guys to work with on a build. And, the second part is probably the best part. I can pick up the phone to discuss a build with them and they use their deep expertise to tell me what can be done. And, in the end, I have never been disappointed. This coming week I have a rifle coming from Mark and a pistol coming from Mike...Christmas in June!!!

Every rifle I have gotten from Mike, two so far, have been beyond my expectations in both accuracy and fit and finish. I have two favorite gunsmiths that I keep going back to over and over - Mike Bush and Mark Gordon. They make top notch rifles and are great guys to work with on a build. And, the second part is probably the best part. I can pick up the phone to discuss a build with them and they use their deep expertise to tell me what can be done. And, in the end, I have never been disappointed. This coming week I have a rifle coming from Mark and a pistol coming from Mike...Christmas in June!!!

And instead of Santa, you get the UPS man. :)

Great minds must think alike...I have an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel with a Krieger heavy barrel chambered by Mark Gordon.

I love my BOP kukri, if I had money for more or the tooling and knowledge to build one as good as they do I'd have many more.

They are lasers as long as you do your part. My kukri is the one gun in the safe that if I miss with I know it was 100% me.

Mike is awesome folks!! I'm on my second rifle from him and as JSTARSZ says and I bet anyone else who has or had a Mike Bush firearm (UGSW/BOP/WCC) will say they are beyond expectation when it comes to fit finish detail and accuracy. I'm going to order another one pretty soon, as soon as the new BOP actions are ready for builds and it'll be a Kukri barreled action but set in an AX chassis.

With actions being made in-house for WCC and soon for the BOP builds the term "custom" is spot on!! :)

Last edited: