• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
As many of you already know, UGSW has been in the process of re-branding. This has proven to be a sizable chore, but surprisingly, it's going pretty smoothly. From a regulatory standpoint, BlackOps Technologies, LLC is up and running. We received our new FFL a few weeks ago and we'll be turning out the newly named actions for rifle builds in October, if not sooner.

Under the new name, there are two manufacturing divisions. <span style="font-style: italic">BlackOps Precision</span> will continue to carry on what I started with UGSW back in 2005. Our line of rifles will not change and the customary trademark craftsmanship will continue as well.

2lwlsfo.jpg

30xilv5.jpg

2ypbrsm.jpg

qq7n10.jpg

Pictured here is a RECON Precision Rifle without the EFR with the new <span style="font-style: italic">BlackOps Precision</span> Four Color Camo.

Within the next few weeks, I'll be introducing our new BlackOps Precision RECON 1911 and a new rifle package. The 1911 is everything a fighting 1911 should be and we'll build them with the same commitment to detail as our rifles. The lid is still on the new rifle, but details will be available soon.

The second division within BlackOps Technologies, LLC is <span style="font-style: italic">WildCall Custom Rifles.</span> I've actually owned <span style="font-style: italic">WildCall Custom Rifles</span> since 2006 and have been waiting for the right time to launch our line of high end hunting rifles. I'm currently designing the new line of hunting actions and plan to introduce them by year end. We'll be doing a number of different platforms to include Custom Lever Guns.

1z6e6c2.jpg

6hqgzt.jpg

i4mfr8.jpg

35ck5fm.jpg

We start with any Standard Marlin Lever Gun (39, 336, 1895G, etc). We shorten and re-crown the barrel, hand make the new front sight, cold forge and blend a custom dovetail fill where the factory rear sight used to be (I challenge anyone to find it, even without finish on it), re-machine the receiver surfaces and machine match an LPA Ghost Ring Rear Sight. We completely re-time the action (all Marlins come from the factory with timing issues, especially since they became "Marlingtons"), get rid of the two piece trigger and install our own one piece, hot forge our own Big Loop Levers and tie it all together with our trademark fit and finish. The pictured rifle is a 444 Marlin and has our new dry film finish.

Our <span style="font-style: italic">WildCall Custom</span> line-up will also include our SCOUT Packages and a host of hunting packages to include Dangerous Game Rifles.

I'm still working on the new websites, but I have a marker page at www.blackopsprecision.com. The WildCall Custom website will be up and running soon as well.

Our location and contact info remains the same, but we'll be punching through our back wall to take on the space behind us. This will add some much needed room, as I just added new CNC equipment. I'm highly sensitive to our delivery times and we're taking the necessary steps to bring delivery down to what I consider to be acceptable without sacrificing the core of what we do. Based on our emplaced quality procedures, it's never been possible for us to rush build a rifle, but I am taking measures to add the appropriate personnel and equipment to handle our expansion.

I'm highly fortunate to have a talent like Tim Cronin in the shop as the Operations Manager. Tim came through the ranks under Ted Yost and is an incredibly talented personality. My new hire, Colton Bagnoli, also hails from Phoenix and worked with Tim at the Yost shop. Colton left the Yost shop to start his own highly successful Taxidermy business. Like Tim, he's also the perfect personality and talent to turn out some of the finest made guns in the Country. Tim and Colton will head up the WildCall Custom side of the house and I'm sure we'll have a few very nice mounts in the front office.

Lastly, I'm Thankful for this Site and everyone on it. We've developed great relationships with many of you here and I look forward to continuing to serve this tight knit community.

Should anyone have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time. Our shop number is 406-892-1850 and I'll be adding another number for WildCall Custom Rifles pretty soon.

Re: BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

Mike, good luck with the "new" operation, look forward to seeing a lot of great rifles come out of Black Ops! Maybe one day I'll be able to get my own Perseus to add to the collection.

Gray

Glad things are going well Mike. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

What is the price for the Marlin re-work? I have my grandfathers old 336 I was going to send in to have it restored but what your doing may be a better alternative to make it more usable.

My rifle looks Great! Thanks Mike.

BlackOps, not to be confused with DarkOps.

Nice looking level gun, I might need one.

mike i am goin to need to see pics of said 1911
laugh.gif
pretty sure you still have my work email
wink.gif

Mike,
I'm glad things are going smooth during your transition. Also, I really like that RECON!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, good luck with the "new" operation, look forward to seeing a lot of great rifles come out of Black Ops! Maybe one day I'll be able to get my own Perseus to add to the collection.

Gray </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad things are going well Mike. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

</div></div>

Thanks Guys.

Swage: email inbound shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Colo77bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the price for the Marlin re-work? I have my grandfathers old 336 I was going to send in to have it restored but what your doing may be a better alternative to make it more usable. </div></div>

I'll shoot you a PM shortly with details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rifle looks Great! Thanks Mike. </div></div>

Thanks Wes. It's packed and ready to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BlackOps, not to be confused with DarkOps.

Nice looking level gun, I might need one. </div></div>

Thanks RC. We just finished the 444 (pictured) and two 45-70's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mike i am goin to need to see pics of said 1911
laugh.gif
pretty sure you still have my work email
wink.gif
</div></div>

Joe, I'll get pics up of the 1911 very soon. My plan was to shoot it today to regulate the sights, but I ended up making more fixtures today.

I still have your e-mail, so I'll be in touch when the first ones are ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I'm glad things are going smooth during your transition. Also, I really like that RECON! </div></div>

Thanks Chris. That particular RECON is one of my favorites. We're fluting a little deeper now and the balance is spot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I'm really digging that camo!

Pc </div></div>

Thanks PC. Much appreciated....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best of luck with starting BlackOps Mike! This is a great step forward! </div></div>

Thanks Wayne. I'll be in touch once I make to the proper spot on my punch list of things to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Great looking camo on that rifle!!

How hard would it be to add some knurling to the oversized bolt knob??

I'm thinking................ </div></div>

Thanks Jeff. No problem adding knurling, but personally, I'm not a fan of knurled bolt knobs. We can talk about it and see if it really fits what you want to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Colo77bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the price for the Marlin re-work? I have my grandfathers old 336 I was going to send in to have it restored but what your doing may be a better alternative to make it more usable. </div></div>

PM Sent.

I've been giving this some thought....Normally, the full blown package (as pictured), runs $1495. I'll do a Hide Special (for the next 6 months) for $1200 on Customer Supplied Rifles.

This includes:
Shorten (16.5") and Re-Crown Barrel
WildCall Custom Front Sight
WildCall Custom Dovetail Fill
Re-Machine all Receiver Surfaces
Custom Machine/Fit LPA Ghost Ring Rear Sight
Complete Action/Timing Re-Work
Re-Configure Loading Gate (allows unloading through gate)
WildCall Custom Stainless Follower
WildCall Custom Big Loop Lever
WildCall Custom One Piece Trigger
Custom Bed Forend and Stock
Custom Fit Pachmayr Recoil Pad
WildCall Custom Dry Film Finish

We can do this package on Blued or Stainless Rifles, but the Blued Rifles will be returned with the WildCall Custom Dry Film Finish.

New site looks like fun packed with a lot of work involved. Can't wait to see what my rifle can do. Should be soon I hope.

D

Luckily covering up a skunk's ass with a black spade was easy work for the tattoo artist...... Just kidding.

I've handled that lever gun in the shop, the quality and feel is superb (as always). I can't think of a more practical all around field package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcplodd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New site looks like fun packed with a lot of work involved. Can't wait to see what my rifle can do. Should be soon I hope.

D </div></div>
The site is getting there Dave.

Your rifle is out of the finish room and is going to the range early this week. I'll have shipping info soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn i need to get a marlin </div></div>

I just happen to have a completed 45-70 sitting in the safe
wink.gif

i'm more of a traditional 30-30 type of guy. BUT send me details and price please
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTAR15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckily covering up a skunk's ass with a black spade was easy work for the tattoo artist...... Just kidding.

I've handled that lever gun in the shop, the quality and feel is superb (as always). I can't think of a more practical all around field package. </div></div>

Always good for a laugh Ron. Give me a call early in the week.

Kick ass Mike. Was going to call ya tomorrow, but will wait to hear from you next week.

Cheers,

D

Personally cant wait to see the new 1911, been wanting a new one.

Congratulations, Mike!

That Marlin job is really impressive. Not many guys out there would consider "precision" and "lever action" in the same sentence, breaking the mould once again
wink.gif

I'm sure we'll talk soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally cant wait to see the new 1911, been wanting a new one. </div></div>

I shot the proto 1911 today and regulated the front sight....I'm pretty stoked.

Pics coming soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations, Mike!

That Marlin job is really impressive. Not many guys out there would consider "precision" and "lever action" in the same sentence, breaking the mould once again
wink.gif

I'm sure we'll talk soon. </div></div>

Thanks Josh. Sorry I missed your call today. Between range time this morning and two meetings, I didn't spend a lot of time in the shop. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any progress/movement on the CRUX rifle system? </div></div>

The short answer is "Yes." I've had the system prototyped for a few years now. Now that I have the CNC in place, I can make all the necessary components in-house.

I suspect I'll have pics of a "prime-time" CRUX package pretty soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice Mike. Congrats.

Look forward to seeing some bad ass lever guns.
A tactical lever gun could be sweet
grin.gif

</div></div>

Thanks Keith....Much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any progress/movement on the CRUX rifle system? </div></div>

The short answer is "Yes." I've had the system prototyped for a few years now. Now that I have the CNC in place, I can make all the necessary components in-house.

I suspect I'll have pics of a "prime-time" CRUX package pretty soon....</div></div>
Awesome! I recently took an advanced AR armorer course with a Flathead County deputy who has been to your place a lot and who had nothing but accolades to say for you guys. Definitely interested in seeing what you guys come up with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any progress/movement on the CRUX rifle system? </div></div>

I suspect I'll have pics of a "prime-time" CRUX package pretty soon....</div></div>

Awesome! I recently took an advanced AR armorer course with a Flathead County deputy who has been to your place a lot and who had nothing but accolades to say for you guys. Definitely interested in seeing what you guys come up with. </div></div>

Very Nice. I met Dan for lunch a few days ago. Great Guy.

Congrats Mike with the addition of Colton!

I look forward to seeing the custom rifle line!

I blued and did minor repair work to a 444 Marlin just like that. The barrel actually seemed to be about that short. How much was that one cut down by? I have to say I liked it, a lot. And I never thought Id hear myself say that about a lever gun.
Funny how your tastes change in life. For some things I guess.

Also, the Recon pictured at the top...

I have a question about the handle which I'll just PM ya about.

Congrats again on the growth of the business!

Mike,

Hope the transition continues to go smoothly. Any idea if my Jaeger will have the UGSW or BlackOps engraved action?

Thanks,
Mark

NW Montana is the "last best place" great looking rifles ,Id like to come see your new place,I live kinda near there,e very where is local in NW MT -let me know, thanks, Mike Willoughby

What bottom metal is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verrocchio100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Mike with the addition of Colton!

I look forward to seeing the custom rifle line! </div></div>

Thanks Verro. Colton is making the drive up in a week or so and I have a few things for him to jump into. He was a great snag and I'm glad to have him in the shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I blued and did minor repair work to a 444 Marlin just like that. The barrel actually seemed to be about that short. How much was that one cut down by? I have to say I liked it, a lot. And I never thought Id hear myself say that about a lever gun.
Funny how your tastes change in life. For some things I guess.

Also, the Recon pictured at the top...

I have a question about the handle which I'll just PM ya about.

Congrats again on the growth of the business! </div></div>

Thanks Keith. The original length of the barrel was 18" and we cut it down to 16.5"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Hope the transition continues to go smoothly. Any idea if my Jaeger will have the UGSW or BlackOps engraved action?

Thanks,
Mark </div></div>

Thanks Mark.

The last three UGSW actions are being made now. You'll have a BlackOps Precision Action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would like to see a lever gun in 460 s&w </div></div>

We'll likely do this, but it won't happen on a Marlin action....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willoughby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NW Montana is the "last best place" great looking rifles ,Id like to come see your new place,I live kinda near there,e very where is local in NW MT -let me know, thanks, Mike Willoughby </div></div>

Thanks Mike. We can try to sync schedules pretty soon. Give me a call when you have a few minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What bottom metal is that? </div></div>

That's the BO M5 with the Randy Cain latch.

My new DBM's for SA and LA will be available for retail sale in October. I've been using mine in limited quantities for in-house builds, but it's now in full scale production.

Pics coming soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would like to see a lever gun in 460 s&w </div></div>

We'll likely do this, but it won't happen on a Marlin action.... </div></div>

Out of genuine interest - what action would you use?

I'm thinking hard about one of those custom lever guns...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would like to see a lever gun in 460 s&w </div></div>

We'll likely do this, but it won't happen on a Marlin action.... </div></div>

Out of genuine interest - what action would you use?

I'm thinking hard about one of those custom lever guns... </div></div>

We're looking at a couple of new options. Haven't made the decision yet.