• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blackout Build

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
I have had a 300 Blackout rifle for a few years and really love it. Recently I have gotten an itch for an AR pistol build. I first thought I might build a pistol caliber AR in maybe 45ACP or 10mm.
After thinking on it the 300 Blackot will be much more practical. I really want to keep it compact and lightweight. Not sure if I want something like an 8" pre built upper from like PSA or build it from scratch? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas and opinions here...What are the tacti-cool kids doing??

Not sure these rise to the level of tacti-cool, but I cobbled together these .300 BO's. Primary Weapons System piston and KAC SR-30 (currently running the Eotech. ; using D&H .300 BO magazines. Both using various S&B scopes or red dot QD systems for different applications. Importantly, using the Law Tactical Gen 3 folding adapters allow them to be concealed in simple backpacks, the Blue Force Gear Jedburgh pack is nice kit. Perhaps food for thought to start your project.

Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3953 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3956 copy 3.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3962 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3970 copy 2.JPG
KAC 9.5" SR30 Mod2 E3 300 Blackout 11.28.20 IMG_7014 copy.jpg
KAC 9.5" SR30 Mod2 E3 300 Blackout 11.28.20 IMG_7021 copy.jpg
KAC 9.5" SR30 Mod2 E3 300 Blackout 11.28.20 IMG_7028 copy.jpg
KAC 300 Blackout Eotech XPS2 with D&H Magazines 4433 copy.JPG

Not really tactical but I also had an itch for one and built this. 80% lower, aero upper and handguard with a form 1 can tucked under, 8” falcon gunner .300 BO barrel. Pictures were taken right after I finished putting it together and I hadn’t put the CH and bcg in.

Attachments

• EBDE2420-C85B-48B2-B542-F6FFF6757746.jpeg
    EBDE2420-C85B-48B2-B542-F6FFF6757746.jpeg
    639.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 1A19B4DC-5398-4E8D-827B-DF8C640DF54B.jpeg
    1A19B4DC-5398-4E8D-827B-DF8C640DF54B.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 106
  • 7A9F6CB0-F854-4C07-A51E-591EBF3DC2F2.jpeg
    7A9F6CB0-F854-4C07-A51E-591EBF3DC2F2.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 91Eunozs
Have 4 SBR’d lowers with a 300BLK upper for each of them, but also got the itch to build a couple AR pistols to make it easier to cross state lines, etc. when required. Built it up as a 300BlK (far right in this pic with her ‘pure blood’ sisters, LoL

i-frbC5fh-X4.jpg

Shoots great, and used good, but cheap enough parts that I don’t feel bad literally just throwing it in the bed of the side by side, back of the truck, etc.

i-7bgLsgR-X5.jpg

Enjoyed that one so much, I built another in .45ACP that uses the same mags as my G21 on a receiver set from Quarter Circle 10. I know some folks have had issues with their stuff, but no issues whatsoever with mine. I stripped them down to have them Cerakoted FDE, and reassembled it myself though to ensure everything fit and worked as intended:

i-HXdN5WF.jpg

i-bRLZgNW.jpg

…and not in the same vein at all, but I also picked up a chassis to drop in one of my Sig P320 FCGs; I used a full-size threaded barrel with a compact slide. Had to grab a Dead Air Odessa can (thin, but long to get the volume needed to be effective) In order to clear the housing as the slide cycles…it’s literally a pistol with a pistol brace:

i-rnLwNn5.jpg

Usually keep it in the safe (or under a seat, or in a backpack, etc.) in that short one baffle configuration, but put ‘em all on when I’m actually shooting it, which to be honest isn’t very often:

i-Sj6cjGc.jpg

Not sure these rise to the level of tacti-cool, but I cobbled together these .300 BO's. Primary Weapons System piston and KAC SR-30 (currently running the Eotech. ; using D&H .300 BO magazines. Both using various S&B scopes or red dot QD systems for different applications. Importantly, using the Law Tactical Gen 3 folding adapters allow them to be concealed in simple backpacks, the Blue Force Gear Jedburgh pack is nice kit. Perhaps food for thought to start your project.

View attachment 7790929View attachment 7790930View attachment 7790931View attachment 7790932View attachment 7790933View attachment 7790934View attachment 7790935View attachment 7790936
I really like the folder in a backpack! That is now added to my shopping list.
Davidson's has a nice side charging upper with a 9" 1:7 barrel as a prebuilt that appeals to me.

Last edited:
I have had a 300 Blackout rifle for a few years and really love it. Recently I have gotten an itch for an AR pistol build. I first thought I might build a pistol caliber AR in maybe 45ACP or 10mm.
After thinking on it the 300 Blackot will be much more practical. I really want to keep it compact and lightweight. Not sure if I want something like an 8" pre built upper from like PSA or build it from scratch? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas and opinions here...What are the tacti-cool kids doing??

18311-A.jpg

N1.jpeg

Cool kids have the Sig rattler imo

IuWGfYr.jpg

I have a Radian model 1 with a 9" 1:5 twist mostek barrel

I have seen the Sig Rattler and MCX...Very big cool factor.
A bit on the upper side price wise.
If I was jonesin really bad I would get one. I have seen a few used for sale which makes me question whether the owners have buyers remorse??
I think I can do a DIY for 1k...maybe ?

Last edited:
I got the same itch recently. Made a Cheek pistol ....in 300
Just needs a red dot.
Can swap out the 14" upper for more accuracy.
Strike industries pistol buffer and tube.
9E79C410-A9BF-48CF-B51C-F256911F59CE.jpeg

Last edited:
I have seen the Sig Rattler and MCX...Very big cool factor.
A bit on the upper side price wise.
If I was jonesin really bad I would get one. I have seen a few used for sale which makes me question whether the owners have buyers remorse??
I think I can do a DIY for 1k...maybe ?
Yes; easily.

That FDE one in my post above was ~$750 without the suppressor. Most expensive part was the SBK pistol brace.

The Sig MCX Rattler/Canebrake series are awesome guns, a few buddies have them but I’m not a fan of matching with everyone else so I went with a build years ago before 300 blackout was as popular.

My 300blk out SBR on the left.

82C17E74-8179-4694-9FBF-BD55DE0F07D4.jpeg

Reactions: 30calDeath
For me, the blackout is a 200 yard gun. Running a red dot, it's a minute of critter gun.

So I put together an Anderson lower, larue trigger, and 10" PSA upper.

It shoots well past what the red dot is capable of. 2moa at 100 with a 2moa dot was more than sufficient.

I did get a good PSA that had all the features like rifling. I know they're a small gamble, but for a cheap beater, it's been surprisingly good.

It's a hell of a fun time with subs and a can.

Next one will be a 9mm, if I can ever find Colt mag lowers in stock anywhere (I have zero Glocks, and Colt mags are cheaper).

After wanting a .300blk SBR for years I finally built one over the summer. The only specific criteria I had when I started was that I wanted a Gibbz Arms side charging upper (I'm a baby and don't want gas in the face). Ended up going with an Aero M4E1 lower, 8.3" BA Hanson barrel, 7" SLR rifleworks ION Ultra Lite handguard, Bootleg Inc adjustable carrier and LAW folder w/ JP SCS to name some of the main parts. Tip of break to butt of receiver when folded is 19", tip of break to butt of stock collapsed is 27.75", and tip of break to butt of stock extended is just shy of 31".

20211114_135642.jpg

20220107_232421.jpg

20220125_223415.jpg

I really want to get into a 10mm PCC next but weighing the options between buying one and building one.

Last edited:
Same story but I stepped up to the Wilson combat 300 Ham'r.

I've got an AR9 for 147 grain subsonic giggles, figure I'd grab the extra velocity out of the Hamr case.

Waiting on my brass.
Plenty of 125 TNT, 110 TacTx and cfe-blk to play with.

Same story but I stepped up to the Wilson combat 300 Ham'r.

That 300 HMR is an awesome round within its performance envelope; if it’d been around when I got into 300BLK I’d have gone that direction too.

Have 6 uppers or dedicated 300BLK rifles now though, as well as a shit ton of brass from shooting and reloading it over the past 10 years or so, so no point switching now. At least for me.

Reactions: CaptArab
First BO build, sub-5 pounds without the accessories. A few carbon bits and a titanium BCG to save weight, otherwise nothing fancy. ADM full ambi-lower, V-Seven upper, Faxon 10.5" barrel (currently) with an OSS 762Ti can and SBR'd.

Reactions: 30calDeath
First BO build, sub-5 pounds without the accessories. A few carbon bits and a titanium BCG to save weight, otherwise nothing fancy. ADM full ambi-lower, V-Seven upper, Faxon 10.5" barrel (currently) with an OSS 762Ti can and SBR'd.
Which handguard is this? What diameter is that can?

I want to do a folder. Any suggestions on buffer / tube / brace com is that would work well with 300 BO?
I put a Laws folder on my SBA3 brace. It messed up the action a bit by effectively adding weight to the BCG via the extension piece but swapping out a lighter buffer fixed that easily enough.

Been happy with the set up

The Sig MCX Rattler/Canebrake series are awesome guns, a few buddies have them but I’m not a fan of matching with everyone else so I went with a build years ago before 300 blackout was as popular.

My 300blk out SBR on the left.

View attachment 7792722
What stock/brace/etc on the left side one? Been looking for a good slider-style stock for a hot minute and that one looks perfect.