• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blackout Powder/shooters world

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Blackout Powder/shooters world

Need info from someone who has used for. ( high Vel. loads ) .30-221/300blk boltaction - using 110 Vmax's or similar weight .
    I got a couple Lb's that laying around here a while, so need to finally try using it . I have loaded for, and shot 30-223 for many years , but never loaded this powder before .
    .....thanks

-
    SW BLKO Powder.jpg

-

It works great. I have shot a few lbs of subs with it. I actually like it better than CFE BLK.

Edit: I have not used it for light supers. I would think a few other powders might give superior results in that area.

None the less I plan to buy more of this powder when the opportunity arises, but mainly for subs.

For a 190gr bullet in 300blk this blackout powder works extremely good.

Reactions: softcock
    I have used it in a Ruger Ranch 300 BO . Accuracy is very good in a wide range of charges with the 110 Vmax .

1662653531018.png

Reactions: softcock
    where did those #'s come from ? . looks pretty conservative for velocity . I always load to 2400 to 2450 Vel. in the boltaction .
    Sorry, can't take a guy serious with a username like that . :rolleyes:

It works great. I have shot a few lbs of subs with it. I actually like it better than CFE BLK.

Edit: I have not used it for light supers. I would think a few other powders might give superior results in that area.

None the less I plan to buy more of this powder when the opportunity arises, but mainly for subs.

For a 190gr bullet in 300blk this blackout powder works extremely good.

On using the Blackout/shooters world on 110's high Vel. loads . I don't really think it going to workout for me .
    It might be really good on the heavy Sub,Vel loads . Or High Vel. on some of the heavier bullets .
    From some of the #'s I got today, ( running 19.0 to 20.5 grain ) . I think I will only use for subsonic and the heavies . I got a couple big box's of the Missouri coated heavies to burnup anyway, so will just use this couple Lb's shooters world powder on them .
    -
    16-inch Barrel .. 1-8 twist 5R on the boltaction .
    I ran some rounds over the Doppler today . Even with ( 20.5 Grain ) and starting to compress . I was only getting 2077 fps Vel.
    So I am still way off from 2400 fps, not even near what I was looking for for speed with the 110 Vmax's or the 110 sierra varminters . So will just stick to the H-110 / 296 / Vihtv. ,or others I have data on.

Reactions: alamo5000