• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blacks Hills Powder

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Does anyone Know what kind of powder Black Hills runs in their ammunition. My buddy pulled a bunch of Black Hills bullets out of their cases (dont ask) and has a bunch of BH powder. He was wondering what kind of powder it was so he can use it instead of tossing it. he pulled like 200rds. Stupid, I know.

Re: Blacks Hills Powder

If it is a ball powder,most likley it is a Non-Cannister powder. I have few Lbs. of it at the house. I will look and post back later.

Why toss it and not reuse it? It's still good. Is he loading for a different round other than what he pulled from the cases

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone Know what kind of powder Black Hills runs in their ammunition. My buddy pulled a bunch of Black Hills bullets out of their cases (dont ask) and has a bunch of BH powder. He was wondering what kind of powder it was so he can use it instead of tossing it. he pulled like 200rds. Stupid, I know. </div></div>

I'm sorry but... Why? Why man? Why?

They won't tell us what they use, none of them will. It's a conspiracy.

It's not available to consumers, though it may resemble commercially available "cannister" powders. Some people have small birds tell them inside info, so it's possible the non-cannister talk might just be diversionary smoke.

Again, the conspiracy...

Well, I don't know if this will help, but I pulled some black hills that had the 50gr Vmax bullets in it.

It looked like H335 to me and I matched my zero(@100yards) with it. (same gr of powder with H335 amd 50grVmax)