Re: Blackwater(XE) gets 125 million dollar contract

All they did was change their name and move to new AO

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka

kinda like the fly by night telemarketing places huh? we have one here thats been 6 different names, but still solicits donations for police fraternal orgs all over the country. they keep 75% of the money they bring in... remember that when you donate

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> police fraternal orgs all over the country. they keep 75% of the money they bring in... remember that when you donate </div></div>

A lot (most) charities do this and most are higher int he 80% range, there isn't any real percentage you have to give to a charity you just have to give "something" in order to attain non-profit status. They call whatever % they keep "overhead" but we all know that's code for "in my pocket".

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka

the way i see it is that an organization would rather have %25 of something than a higher percentage of nothing. so when someone contacts them and says hey, we will raise money using your name and give you a cut, they say yes. but as a donor, i would have an issue giving $10 to a phone solictor who will keep $7.50 when i can donate to a local organization and they get all $10.

however groups like the cancer society i believe uses alot (if i recall 40 or 60 per cent? i could be wrong) of the money raised during its fund drives to pay the salaries of the board members.

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

however groups like the cancer society i believe uses alot (if i recall 40 or 60 per cent? i could be wrong) of the money raised during its fund drives to pay the salaries of the board members. </div></div>

Agreed, and I think I heard last month somewhere that the Susan B Colman breast cancer org uses in the 80-90 (don't remember exactly but it was in that range) for overhead.