• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Blade Runner 2049

Clark

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2003
WA the everblue state
This action adventure science fiction big budget, without any political propaganda.
This was shot in Budapest, and so like a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, shot outside the USA trade contracts, this movie has the look of lack of diversity that makes real money in foreign markets.... if you can read between the lines here. It made twice as much outside the USA as in the USA.

I liked it. Sometimes using as few words as possible in a script says a lot more than the non stop babbling that ruins so many movies these days.

Kind of tedious, but if I concentrated, it did give me cause to think..the writing and plot were better than the presentation.

Reactions: LastShot300
The fact of the matter is if you're not a fan of the original you wont be a fan of this one. Denis Villeneuve made a proper sequel and that had a natural progression to the original story and paid homage to all the questions we asked in the original. I highly recommend it.

Not bad but not that good as the real classic. Impressive production effort though

Not bad but not that good as the real classic. Impressive production effort though

I don't think it will ever eclipse the original. Sequels rarely do based on nostalgia alone. I thought it was a very good sequel though with a natural progression of the original story. When it was first announced i couldn't really think of a direction to take the film, but they did a good job. I also love that they left the ambiguity from the first in there.

Reactions: LastShot300
The film raises a glass to the “strangers” and explicitly notes that a warrior like Decker must remain isolated to ensure the safety of others. In my own mind, I saw a parallel to the isolation of a soldier...the separation between what he knows and what those he protects don’t know. To me the film was deftly political.

Reactions: 5RWill
Watched it again last night. It was good the first time, and better the second time. There are a ton of subplots and sub themes.

I’ll watch it again, I’m sure.

I watched it the other day. I think it was good, but I liked the original more. Hard to beat Ford and Howard together. The mixed languages/cultural stuff of the original never really struck me. Now, I get it.

Someone explain to me WTF the bees were living off of in Vegas. As to politics, any movie where we have destroyed the world and the rich move off is political, as is the off world interrogation (black sites). Still, I enjoyed it. It wasn't as blatant at Avatar.

Others remain indifferent to this film in favor of the original. I too love the original and have all 6 versions, but to me this remake does not ask anyone to take sides...original or remake... it speaks to the patriots of our time. It extols the merit of loyalty and sacrifice. The original was badass sci fi but offered little as an allegory. The two films are separate and distinct to me because of the political message they carry.