• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Blaser Tactical 2 load development

LVMED

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2013
Hey Guys,

I know I am about 5 years late to the party with the Blaser, but after years of waiting I finally was able to get my hands on one of my "holy trinity" guns (being a poor college kid sucks). Naturally, the first thing I did was start to develop some loads for it. I had some Varget, BLC-2, and XBR laying around, so I loaded some pills up moving in 0.5 grain increments to see what gave me the best results. The results weren't anything phenomenal, but with many groups being 1/2 MOA or less I was plenty happy. Here are the targets
target.jpgtarget1.jpgtarget2.jpg

Given the results and the amount of each type of powder I had on hand, I decided to play around with 40 grains of XBR and see how they did at 100 and 200 yards. Today was my off day, so I packed all my stuff up a headed to the range. There was a slight breeze with gusts up to 10mph at times, but nothing too bad. At 100 yards I got a repeat performance of my previous range session.
target3.jpg

So I decided to back it up to 200 and these are the results I got.
target4.jpg

(Cont. next post)

And the second 200 yard group.
target5.jpg

The one with the "X" through it was from a previous string where I was sighting in my FNAR with a new scope (not so lucky with that one).

Anyways, I am happy with my groupings and I think they'll only get better with more time behind the gun. Now I just need to decide between the 300 Win Mag or the 338 lapua barrel.
tac2.jpgtac21.jpg

Specs on the gun are:
Blaser Tactical 2
Vortex PST 4-15X50 FFP mil/mil
Weaver high rings

And the load specs:
Federal Brass
210M primers
168/175gr SMK and 178gr Amax
40.0 gr XBR 8208
2.800 OAL for smks and 2.810 for Amax

Last edited:
Looks like you got it tuned in good, Now get out and stretch its legs! That's a monster brake on that thing. Looks good over all.