• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blast Deflection Walls

opeagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Ohio
Who has built and uses on the range some type of blast deflection walls? I’ve seen a few pics of them on a range where they put them between shooters on a line to mitigate the muzzle blast between two shooters.

While certainly not difficult to craft, I’m looking for some ideas or pictures of them to hopefully help gather ideas on building some for the range.

T
0EDD145A-84BC-4CD8-9C61-5FB3D008EB88.jpeg

We made 4 of these today. 4ft long and about 24in tall. So pic for attention, maybe. What else would one do to make them better.

Or add some carpet scraps. Other then then that they look great I’ll probably steal your idea for our range

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Pay attention to these structures, they tend to attract bees'/wasps' nests. Look before you shoot, lest you get swarmed. Also look under the bench for ticks.

Ask me "ow" I know.

Th primary intention is to eliminate larger flat surfaces, which tend to reflect sound waves. I've done several approaches, including computer rooms, to reduce sound propagation. Your cheapest material will likely turn out to be carpet remnants. Shag works better than smooth.

When mounting these, be sure to accommodate wind. Any contact of the device with the rifle pushes the definition of a silencer.

Greg

Last edited: